Jump to content
All Eyes On Me

2024 Off-season Thread

Recommended Posts

The magical run is over, and after an overachieving season, there’s more momentum for building a contender in the O than there has been in 15 years.

Key free agents:

Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris, Goga Bitadze, Joe Ingles (team option), Moe Wagner (team option), Chuma Okeke

Projected cap space: $32 million assuming we bring back Joe and Moe, pick up Caleb and JI’s option and includes our first round pick’s salary.

Also be on the look out for Franz and Suggs’ extensions this summer.

NBA Draft June 27. We have the 18th pick at the moment but I imagine it’s very much on the block

Free Agency negotiations can start on June 30 and free agents can sign starting July 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

THE FLIP SIDE IS THAT BY WINNING 3 PLAYOFF GAMES ALMOST GUARANTEES THAT A GOOD OR VERY GOOD OR A STAR CAN BECOME A MAGIC PLAYER OR 2 AS SOON AS JUNE 30. THE FORESEEABLE 1ST ROUNDERS ARE GOING TO COME ON THE CHEAP. LATE 1ST ROUNDERS

 

AND THE MAGIC HAVE A LOT OF FLEXIBILITY CAP SPEAKING. THE FO WITHOUT ANY DOUBT HAVE POSITIONED THIS TEAM FOR THE NEXT 3 TO 5 YEARS AT LEAST TO WIN !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The magical run is over, and after an overachieving season, there’s more momentum for building a contender in the O than there has been in 15 years.

Key free agents:

Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris, Goga Bitadze, Joe Ingles (team option), Moe Wagner (team option), Chuma Okeke

Projected cap space: $32 million assuming we bring back Joe and Moe, pick up Caleb and JI’s option and includes our first round pick’s salary.

Also be on the look out for Franz and Suggs’ extensions this summer.

NBA Draft June 27. We have the 18th pick at the moment but I imagine it’s very much on the block

Free Agency negotiations can start on June 30 and free agents can sign starting July 6th.

We only keep Moe in my opinion...

The other 5 are replaced by Anthony Black, Jett Howard / Caleb Houstan, the 1st RP, and a couple of good solid free agents that decisively improve the roster.

Guards and Wings: Jalen, Cole, Anthony, Jett, Caleb & FREE AGENT, Franz & FREE AGENT or 1st RP

Forwards and Centers: Paolo, Wendell, JI, Moe and 1st RP or FREE AGENT 

These add up to 13 players...we'll see what happens.....won't be surprised if we are involved in trades to also help stack the roster.

Hope we get a rim protector.....was so much needed.....put Evan Mobley on this team and it's game over !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klay has no legs under him anymore. I’d be pretty disappointed if he was a starter on this team next year tbh

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither Shams or Woj could pin down who we were picking number 1 overall until 10 minutes before it happened. Whatever is out there being reported about us is coming from agents not our front office. 

Klay for 20-25 million for a maximum of 2 seasons? Sure.

Klay anywhere near max money for 3 or more seasons? Terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what killed us this season. Not having a dribble penetration guard that could open up things for our offense. Suggs ain't it, and Paolo is more of a secondary ball handler. Markelle excelled in that role last year, but the injuries has taken a toll on him and destroyed his confidences. Looking forward to see how Weltman addressing these issues this off-season. It's a big one. This is going to be the biggest summer in Orlando since 2007, when Otis Smith smacked it out the park with the Rashard Lewis signing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Neither Shams or Woj could pin down who we were picking number 1 overall until 10 minutes before it happened. Whatever is out there being reported about us is coming from agents not our front office. 

Klay for 20-25 million for a maximum of 2 seasons? Sure.

Klay anywhere near max money for 3 or more seasons? Terrible. 

Agreed. And the good thing for Klay at that price is it really only takes up about half of what we could potentially have available. Like, is a Klay, Monk free agency and adding a big at 18 a successful off-season? Klay and Monk both paid between $20-25 mill for a couple years.

Jalen/Klay/Franz/Paolo/WCJ

Cole/AB/Monk/Jett/JI/Moe/Rookie big

Writing it out, I don’t hate it but I don’t love it and it wouldn’t be my first choice. The first thing that jumps out is the depth, we’re honestly set up that we need to consider making a consolidation trade of good assets for a great one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Nate Duncan’s pod (who I think have always been a bit harsh on the magic in general) and I thought there were lots of legit criticism of Mosley’s thought process in his lineups but more prominently a very pointed critique of Franz’s limitations and how the team is going to have some tough decisions to make about his role in the team with the upcoming cap jump. Past couple years I think we have all been optimistic about already having a potential top duo who can compete but I think this season and series in particular brings that into question and highlighted the deficiencies where he needs to develop. Obviously is a young player and I expect him to get better.

Some other thoughts: rim protection is a bigger need than has been talked about. I think Wendell is only so-so at it but we were absolutely crushed at the rim when he wasn’t in, especially since Isaac wasn’t deployed in that role. Think it is lower down the list because the team defended well as a whole and different rotations could probably help but something to think about. Also it has been fun but while I don’t think he would be expensive to bring back I am fine with letting Fultz walk. The offensive limitations are just too much of a liability in the playoffs to give him the ball, especially because it is clear Mose doesn’t feel that way. However I do expect him back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

This is what killed us this season. Not having a dribble penetration guard that could open up things for our offense. Suggs ain't it, and Paolo is more of a secondary ball handler. Markelle excelled in that role last year, but the injuries has taken a toll on him and destroyed his confidences. Looking forward to see how Weltman addressing these issues this off-season. It's a big one. This is going to be the biggest summer in Orlando since 2007, when Otis Smith smacked it out the park with the Rashard Lewis signing. 

Wow.. I knew it was bad, but holy wow those stats are damning. Jalen is very much an off-ball 2 guard on offense and should be our 4th option as an initiator in our starting lineup next year only behind our center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×