Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2023 Pre-Season Thread

Will be good to have something to talk about here, especially when the preseason games start for us which is next week.  Three preseason games altogether, 10th, 17th, and 20th.  Regular season starts October 25.  Been a long offseason without anything major going on.   

https://x.com/orlandomagic/status/1709757406425608241?s=46&t=SgLj6LkLl-iYyA4bb-CkEA

these words mean something.. Weltmann said they where hesitant in FA and the trade front because they want to see what this teams outlook is. I think we will see how things go this season and depending on how this team performs, we either grow this team together, or we see some assets being cashed in at the deadline.

I do have to admit that Weltmann has built a special atmosphere in the locker room. The characters really match. Coach Mosley has a big role here in building this chemistry..

I root for this team. It would be so great if we set a standard in the league and this team grows into a contender, with proper internal development. 

The Warriors build a special team and also chemistry, but i have rarely seen this kind of camaraderie and togetherness in sports. last time was team Germany basketball team. That team also exceeded expectations and won the chip, despite other teams being individually better all around

• Upvote 1

i wish we had footage like this from our team. But imma be real. This looks really sloppy and bad from the Rockets. This team is a bunch of chickens. This looked like a low intensity Rico Hines run. 

Hi! It's been a couple of months since I wrote for the last time here. But my hype for this Magic team hasn't declined at all. I'm so happy that all our players had finally a healthy start and I really want to see in the court what we are made of. I think this season will answer some of the big questions we have about the players and the future of the team.

The GMs is been really conservative and relax with the trade market so far, but if we have an interesting season, that could change. There has to be some kind of list in some Weltman's notebook with some names for the next free agency, I wonder which they are. Also, I think we are two or three good trades from being a contender team.

I recently moved to Germany and the game schedules are impossible, but I'm gonna see them the morning after on the League Pass (If any of you know of a discount, let me know :p ).

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Phil4Real said:

Hi! It's been a couple of months since I wrote for the last time here. But my hype for this Magic team hasn't declined at all. I'm so happy that all our players had finally a healthy start and I really want to see in the court what we are made of. I think this season will answer some of the big questions we have about the players and the future of the team.

The GMs is been really conservative and relax with the trade market so far, but if we have an interesting season, that could change. There has to be some kind of list in some Weltman's notebook with some names for the next free agency, I wonder which they are. Also, I think we are two or three good trades from being a contender team.

I recently moved to Germany and the game schedules are impossible, but I'm gonna see them the morning after on the League Pass (If any of you know of a discount, let me know :p ).

i’m from Germany, which part are you moving to? 

I think Weltman is being conservative because he wants to see how this team develops. He’s been vocal about this in media day interviews.. My guess is that, equally to the Vooch, Fournier and AG era, Weltman wants to see what a healthy roster can do. 
If we don’t perform well, we will be active at the deadline and cash in some assets. 

If we are competing and developing quite well and the team chemistry remains high, i think we will grow this team and we will continue to see minor moves

Ok so I checked the Magic roster …we currently have 8 lottery pick players, Cole was 15 and Chuma was 16 just outside of it …two of our lottery picks were number 1 picks of their class .

Yet I don’t see us in any preseason predictions as making the playin game much less the actual top 8 teams of the Eastern Conference .

What is everyone’s expectations in terms of team success for this upcoming season ?

Curious …

I dont know if this is a prediction or a wish, lol   But for me, I am hoping to make the playoffs, NOT the play in. Even if we go out in first round, I would like to see us solidly in that top group.

18 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so I checked the Magic roster …we currently have 8 lottery pick players, Cole was 15 and Chuma was 16 just outside of it …two of our lottery picks were number 1 picks of their class .

Yet I don’t see us in any preseason predictions as making the playin game much less the actual top 8 teams of the Eastern Conference .

What is everyone’s expectations in terms of team success for this upcoming season ?

Curious …

Top 10 in the East and a play in spot is my expectation