Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Odin

Trade Thread

Recommended Posts

Trade Thread! Trade Thread! Get your trade talk and rumors here!

Have a rumor printed in the media? Post it here! An unsubstantiated tweet? We will take it! A gut feeling? Let it all out!

Want to play with the trade machine? Go for it!

Everything you want and more! All in the Trade Thread!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great articles.  With Dinwiddie off the table I still go with the order of Fultz (highest upside and under great medical care), Ball (fits well and second highest upside), Russell and Rozier (pretty close).  Above all these trades have to be in our favor.  Ross would be virtually off the table (definitely off if we want to make the playoffs this year and for the future roster).  If Ross was included it would HAVE to include at least a non-conditional first round pick (could be 2020 or 2021, i don't care).  Assuming Bamba getes better the 2nd half ot this season (typical for rookies and the same may happen to Isaac) coupled with the fact that Philly was 25-25 last year they added two veterans (for cheap) to their roster and Philly's results speak for themselves.  Does not take much but can't give up what is helping you win now.  Would definitely not trade Ross to Lakers or Philly.  From their persepctive it would be like taking candy from a baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Great articles.  With Dinwiddie off the table I still go with the order of Fultz (highest upside and under great medical care), Ball (fits well and second highest upside), Russell and Rozier (pretty close).  Above all these trades have to be in our favor.  Ross would be virtually off the table (definitely off if we want to make the playoffs this year and for the future roster).  If Ross was included it would HAVE to include at least a non-conditional first round pick (could be 2020 or 2021, i don't care).  Assuming Bamba getes better the 2nd half ot this season (typical for rookies and the same may happen to Isaac) coupled with the fact that Philly was 25-25 last year they added two veterans (for cheap) to their roster and Philly's results speak for themselves.  Does not take much but can't give up what is helping you win now.  Would definitely not trade Ross to Lakers or Philly.  From their persepctive it would be like taking candy from a baby

If we are trading for fultz I’m 99% sure they are going to want Ross. I’m down to trade Ross if it gets us fultz or ball. Those would be huge pieces for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

So does Grant slide to the 2 if we give up ross

I think that could be an option. I think Grant would work better as a 2 and as a secondary ball handler. He is a decent defender, and can play with the ball in his hands, but is not a dynamic passer and probably scores best in catch and shoot scenarios (80% of his 3 pointers are assisted, and he shoots 39% on catch and shoot 3s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would offer Ross and Grant to the Nets for Russell and Harris on January 15. Harris is a good replacement for Ross with a fair contract. Russell could be our missing PG. See what he brings the team the rest of the season and then decide if you want to keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Ball or Fultz? Go...

Ball is a known low risk prospect currently playing and Fultz is "still a hope he recovers and can shoot again" high risk/high reward gamble. I would have to go with the lower risk in our current situation. If Fultz fully recovers and returns to form I think he'll be the better player but I think we need to avoid the "if" factor, especially if we have to give up a good asset to get him. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If we are trading for fultz I’m 99% sure they are going to want Ross. I’m down to trade Ross if it gets us fultz or ball. Those would be huge pieces for us

I understand the desire to fix our PG position but Ross for Fultz or Ball straight up, to me, is  non negotiable.  While it is "potentially" a huge piece for us, Ross is an "immediate" huge piece to either Philly or the Lakers, who are already better than us.  The big question would be do we think Fultz or Ball, when developed, will be much better than Ross's contribution.  I am not there yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I understand the desire to fix our PG position but Ross for Fultz or Ball straight up, to me, is  non negotiable.  While it is "potentially" a huge piece for us, Ross is an "immediate" huge piece to either Philly or the Lakers, who are already better than us.  The big question would be do we think Fultz or Ball, when developed, will be much better than Ross's contribution.  I am not there yet.

Remember contracts need to be factored in too though. With Ball and Fultz, we have 2 more seasons after this where they are under contract, plus a basic "right of first refusal" with the player as part of free agency.

Ross, as much as we love him, as a UFA after this season and is not guaranteed to resign. Also, if we do resign him, it will be for more than Fultz or Ball's rookie contracts per year.

You are giving up Ross, a good player on an expiring contract for a player that could end up being a cornerstone of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×