Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Chicago Bulls Draft Pick Watch

In a bid to try and keep the discussion in the NBA draft thread to be more centered on draft prospects here's a thread for all Bulls related discussion until the end of the season since our draft fate is linked to theirs now. 

As a reminder we're owed a top 4 protected pick in this year's draft. If the Bulls get some lottery luck that pick becomes a 2022 top 3 protected first. 

We're also owed a 2023 top 4 protected 1st

Here's a fun little thought, what if Zach Lavine leaves in free agency after the 2021-2022 season? It's not likely but it would make that 2023 pick super interesting. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

In a bid to try and keep the discussion in the NBA draft thread to be more centered on draft prospects here's a thread for all Bulls related discussion until the end of the season since our draft fate is linked to theirs now. 

As a reminder we're owed a top 5 protected pick in this year's draft. If the Bulls get some lottery luck that pick becomes a 2022 top 3 protected first. 

We're also owed a 2023 top 5 protected 1st

Here's a fun little thought, what if Zach Lavine leaves in free agency after the 2021-2022 season? It's not likely but it would make that 2023 pick super interesting. 

You trying to renegotiate our trade with Chicago ;)

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What happens if by some unfortunate luck the pick doesn't convey in 2023 either?

If the Bulls get a top 5 pick in 2023 they'd owe us a top 3 protected pick in 2024. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

As a reminder we're owed a top 5 protected pick in this year's draft. If the Bulls get some lottery luck that pick becomes a 2022 top 3 protected first. 

We're also owed a 2023 top 5 protected 1st

Both picks are only top 4 protected, right?

Yes, I monitor it very closely! With Vuc and Lavine defending pick and rolls there are good chances that Bulls are missing playoffs...

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Both picks are only top 4 protected, right?

Yes both Chicago picks are top 4 protected not top 5 protected. The top 5 protected pick is Denvers.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If the Bulls get a top 5 pick in 2023 they'd owe us a top 3 protected pick in 2024. 

Sorry I misspoke. What happens if both 2021 and 2022 picks fall into the protected category?   Do we lose the pick?

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Sorry I misspoke. What happens if both 2021 and 2022 picks fall into the protected category?   Do we lose the pick?

From what I gather every year we don’t get the pick the protections get a little worse until it’s eventually unprotected. We’ll still get both picks, but due to the stepien rule, one being delayed delays the other pick as well because teams can’t trade their own first round pick in back to back seasons. 

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Yes, I monitor it very closely! With Vuc and Lavine defending pick and rolls there are good chances that Bulls are missing playoffs...

Yes they were trying to make a a second trade to bring in a real point guard. They might suck this year and try again in the off-season.