Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

My thoughts exactly....Smart was THE guy who could have been the perfect fit for our team.

Shame he int declare because he'd have been a very good addition. But we may end up with him next year if we don't get a top two or three pick, or manage to grab another early pick va a trade.

Did Chard Ford come out with a newer mock draft? If so, anyone see who he had us taking?

Also, does anyone else like C.J. MCCOLLUM over Burke? Seems more rounded to me.

I am intrigued by mcollum, however he has not been able to showcase his skills yet. Burke, otherwise, has been very reliable. Hopefully, the we invite him for a private workout.

I do like the potential of this kid over Burke.

I feel like Burke is the pick if we can trade down. If not, it's Noel at 1 or Ben at 2.

I am fine with any of those guys, I just do not see the Magic taking Burke at 1 or 2 when they could wait a year and possibly get Smart next time around.

Watching the Warriors just makes me want Ben. I believe he could bomb 3s on that level. Plus when you have a guy like Vuc underneath to grab the misses, it is a rather attractive inside out game to build on. Add a guy like Wiggins at SF and then Smart at PG (ultimate dice roll if this happens, I know) and you have a monster team that would be incredibly exciting to watch.

Trade down with Cleveland and grab McCollum and Dieng and call it a night.

Assuming we are picking ahead of Cleveland.

We are due to come up short on a draft lottery after hitting so many times....this would be the year to miss out since the draft is not very top heavy with can't miss talent.

I really don't see a big drop off from 1 to 4 at this point.

Trade down with Cleveland and grab McCollum and Dieng and call it a night.

I'd be fine with this. I really like McCollum.

I feel like Burke is the pick if we can trade down. If not, it's Noel at 1 or Ben at 2.

I am fine with any of those guys, I just do not see the Magic taking Burke at 1 or 2 when they could wait a year and possibly get Smart next time around.

Watching the Warriors just makes me want Ben. I believe he could bomb 3s on that level. Plus when you have a guy like Vuc underneath to grab the misses, it is a rather attractive inside out game to build on. Add a guy like Wiggins at SF and then Smart at PG (ultimate dice roll if this happens, I know) and you have a monster team that would be incredibly exciting to watch.

As a base Smart, McLemore, Wiggins, Harris, and Vuc could be extremely exciting to watch, and that is without using any of our cap space to try and sign an all star or a couple of borderline stars.

I guess the big thing Henny needs to try and do if he trades away Nelson, Afflalo and/or Big Baby is to try and land a top ten first round pick next year to allow us to grab another top young talent. If he can do that we'll be in very good shape. Depends though if we could get another pick in that range.

I didn't see any one post this yet so here it goes:

http://www.sbnation....ic-marcus-smart

Orlando would have taken Smart if they had won the lottery, according to ESPN's Chad Ford:

According to sources, Orlando had its heart set on Oklahoma State's
until he broke its heart when he decided to stay in college. While the Magic need just about everything, point guard might be their biggest area of need

I don't quite understand the whole "don't draft Burke at 1, but trade down to get him at 3" thing. Is it mostly salary related? If a team wants Burke, whether 1 or 3, they should get him, right?

I'm honestly just asking a question about picks, not about Burke. If player A is projected as a 2 or 3 pick, but the team with the 1st pick wants him, why is it bad for that team to select him 1st? Or if player B is projected late lottery but a team with a pick in 6-9 range wants him and drafts him early, is it a bad pick?

• Upvote 1

Assuming we are picking ahead of Cleveland.

We are due to come up short on a draft lottery after hitting so many times....this would be the year to miss out since the draft is not very top heavy with can't miss talent.

I really don't see a big drop off from 1 to 4 at this point.

That's my thought, too. Lightning only strikes so many times. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick 10th.

I don't quite understand the whole "don't draft Burke at 1, but trade down to get him at 3" thing. Is it mostly salary related? If a team wants Burke, whether 1 or 3, they should get him, right?

I'm honestly just asking a question about picks, not about Burke. If player A is projected as a 2 or 3 pick, but the team with the 1st pick wants him, why is it bad for that team to select him 1st? Or if player B is projected late lottery but a team with a pick in 6-9 range wants him and drafts him early, is it a bad pick?

Well, I know my thought is if you know another team REALLY wants Noel and is willing to give you #2 or #3 and another pick for him, you do the two-for-one trade, since you still get Burke and weren't going to take Noel anyways.