Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Magic fans! We now have Draft Thread 3.0. Please discuss your draft dreams, likes, dislikes and overall love for bhnole here.

Here's Ford's latest on Ben Mac and Victor O:

Ben McLemore, G/F, Fr., Kansas

McLemore is the purest jump shooter in the country. He's a likely top-three pick, and in some scenarios in our Lottery Mock Draft, we having him going No. 1 overall. McLemore is also an elite athlete and has the potential to be a great defender. What he lacks is confidence. At times he can disappear or overly defer to other players. For teams wanting a go-to scorer and an alpha dog, he might not be the right choice. But if he overcomes that, he could be an NBA All-Star someday.

Victor Oladipo, SG, Jr., Indiana

Oladipo is the best perimeter defender in the country and an elite athlete who plays at a relentless pace. He's still a work in progress offensively, but he can guard three positions on the floor and is an elite finisher at the rim. His shooting has dramatically improved, as have his ballhandling skills, but they'll need to continue to improve for Oladipo to be a scorer at the next level. Look for him to go somewhere between No. 3 and No. 8 in the draft.

http://insider.espn....-nba-draft-list

DraftExpress' summary on Burke:

All things considered, it's difficult not to consider Burke the best point guard in this year's draft class when evaluating how much of a complete package he brings to the table offensively. Athletic, intelligent, competitive point guards who can create, distribute and score are incredibly rare and coveted assets, and despite his defensive limitations he should have no issues carving out a long career as a NBA starter, as long as he's able to stay healthy.

Magic fans! It seems Draft Thread 2.0 has vanished (like Draft Thread 1.0). While I have no proof, I'm certain Dwight is behind the scandal. No worries, for we now have Draft Thread 3.0.

So as the regular season winds down, please discuss your draft dreams, likes, dislikes and overall love for bhnole here.

this is a bigger conspiracy than the one to get the lakers into the playoffs

If we have a top 2 pick it comes down to Noel and Mclemore. There are no other player who even warrant a top 5 pick. I like Oladipo but he'll never develop an offensive game. Trey Burke was fun to watch at Michigan but he'll never be more than an average starter. In a good draft he gets picked up to back up a Westbrook or Paul.

1.) Noel

2.) McLemore

2.) Burke

4.) Smart

5.) Oladipo

Yes, I have Burke and McLemore even with each other. In a poor draft class like this, you have to take what's given to you. Worst case scenario, McLemore becomes a damn good 6th man.

I'm most likely in the overwelmingly minority here but:

1) Noel

2)McLemore

3)Smart

4)Burke

5) Doesn't Matter

I have a feeling we will be selecting second overall, just a basketball hunch that I got in my gut. And I really like McLemore as a pure 2 guard. Got the size, the athletic ability, and a pure shot. Give me him and you can take the field. Like mentioned earlier, It's clearly Noel/McLemore, than everyone else and I'd be happy with either.

I have Smart a head of Burke just because of his "ceiling" although I'm far from confident in him. Burke screams average NBA point guard to me.

Everyone wants to pick at the flaws in Ben but I would really like him as our 2 than we can trade Affalo.

1.) Noel

2.) McLemore

2.) Burke

4.) Smart

5.) Oladipo

Yes, I have Burke and McLemore even with each other. In a poor draft class like this, you have to take what's given to you. Worst case scenario, McLemore becomes a damn good 6th man.

I agree worse case he's a damn good 6th man though I see him developing into a legit starter. I think he could really become a good defender if he commits to it every night. Honestly he's a better version of Bradley Beal and if you take away the injuries Beals had a really nice year. I still say McLemore is the safest player in this draft. He has his issues but his floor is higher than everyone else.

I like Noel but no one can say they are confident in those knees.

anyone who has McLemore on their list hates freedom

thankfully Rob Hennigan appears to be a smart person with a measured approach to his drafting and will see that McLemore is a frontrunner who can't dribble