Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Who will be the biggest surprise in 2008-2009

Well, I know for a fact Hedo is holding back Jameer's potential. The Magic are obsessed with having a pass-first PG, but Jameer is more of a score-first player, and there's nothing wrong with that... that is, unless your playing in a lineup that has three players averaging around 20 PPG, and the coach tells you not to look to score. We simply have too many scorers in our starting lineup. I think it would benefit the whole team if Hedo came off the bench to spread out the scoring ability; this would also fortify our defense...

PG - Jameer, Johnson, Lee

SG - Pietrus, Redick, Lee

SF - Lewis, Turkoglu, Pietrus

PF - Battie, Cook, Lewis

C - Howard, Gortat, Foyle

Beautiful! Jameer could average 15+ PPG as one of the top 3 scoring options, guaranteed.

i picked gortat, because outside of orlando no one has heard of him, but they will know him after this season...

a dark horse candidate would be jj. not because he is going to go off and become a 20ppg scorer or anything, but no one has any expectations of him at all...so if he ends up regularly contributing it will be a big surprise to many.

I'm going to say Brian Cook. He has an excellent skill set. If he's determined to be in shape and working hard in the offseason - he can be a guy that can give us 10 or so pts. Maybe.

Ok, so I'm supposed to predict who I think will do better than expected based off my expectations? But if I predict someone will surpass my expectations, doesn't that just change my expectations?

I think RevTy just exploded science.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Ok, so I'm supposed to predict who I think will do better than expected based off my expectations? But if I predict someone will surpass my expectations, doesn't that just change my expectations?

I think RevTy just exploded science.

I think this question was posed in my first intro to philosophy course...

I think the player that will exceed the expectations of others this year is JJ Redick if he's still on the roster.