Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Who will be the biggest surprise in 2008-2009

Going into each year, we have certain expectations for the players on our team. Often times, players fail to meet those expectations. But sometimes, as was the case with Hedo last year, a player blows our expectations away. Who will it be this year? Is Brian Cook finally in shape? Will Marcin Gortat unleash Polish domination? Will Courtney Lee channel his inner Little Country? Will Mickeal Pietrus use the change of scenery to finally fulfill his potential? What do we even expect out of Anthony Johnson? Who will surprise Magic fans the most?

Going into each year, we have certain expectations for the players on our team. Often times, players fail to meet those expectations. But sometimes, as was the case with Hedo last year, a player blows our expectations away. Who will it be this year? Is Brian Cook finally in shape? Will Marcin Gortat unleash Polish domination? Will Courtney Lee channel his inner Little Country? Will Mickeal Pietrus use the change of scenery to finally fulfill his potential? What do we even expect out of Anthony Johnson? Who will surprise Magic fans the most?

I think the key here is "exceeds expectations". I think a lot of people expect Pietrus and Lee to be solid. The expectation for Gortat is to be a solid back-up. As such, I think AJ and Cook are solid picks here. I went with Cook. When your nickname has become Blarrity, it isn't too hard to exceed expectations. I think we'll see 10 and 5 from him off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I think the key here is "exceeds expectations". I think a lot of people expect Pietrus and Lee to be solid. The expectation for Gortat is to be a solid back-up. As such, I think AJ and Cook are solid picks here. I went with Cook. When your nickname has become Blarrity, it isn't too hard to exceed expectations. I think we'll see 10 and 5 from him off the bench.

10 and 5 off the bench? Yeesh, that's bold.

Go big or go home!

Actually, a lot of that depends on whether AJ is the back-up. He is a far better distributer than Arroyo or Dooling were. As such, Cookie should see the ball in the right spot more often.

I suppose 8 and 4 is more realistic. And it still exceeds expectations.

Gortat. I really liked what i saw from that kid during last post season. Plus, I'm partial to big men.

I think that based on the rekindling of Mo's and Cook's careers, there is just something about Van Gundy that makes the best come out of his players. Having said that, my predicion is that Mickeal Pietrus will be on Hollinger's Second Team All-Defensive unit.

I'm gonna go with Meer...just cuz I feel like we haven't seen his best yet. I mean, we've seen flashes, but I think he's gonna take a big step this year.

Why do I think that? I have no idea.

Jameer- 14ppg, 6apg, 1.5spg, 2TOpg

Id love it to be Jameer. This team needs to see 15pts 7assts 2stls out of him. I think he has the tools to do it and its time to step up and be the player that many thought he could be.

Im gonna say Brian Cook though, hes in great shape, I think he will have a big place in our lineup and its a contract year, and we all know what players do on contract years.