Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz swears "again" that Magic can't get Carter and Darko! Calling Cap Experts

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I would have posted(other links) this for you guys but my computer at work today is working so slow I don't feel like waiting.

The Jersey papers yesterday were all over Vince to tell him what Ratner(Nets president) was saying about wanting to sign him. They also told him Ratner said he didn't care how much he went over the cap if it meant Carter re-upping with them.

Vince's response?

"It's nice to hear that the owner values my services that much. I'm glad he's so supportive."

In other words he didn't lead them on "ONE BIT" that he was going to re-sign there. This was even after the reporters told him Ratner was willing to break the bank!

Is there really any doubt that he's gonna opt out? Not with me.

Junkie, here's the article's link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/501989p-423327c.html

What's funny about this article is the title

"Ratner remark thrills Vince" lol.

I don't see any problem with us not being able to sign Vc and Darko. Why? If VC really wanted to play here, and we do make a run for him, he can just sit and wait until after Darko re-signs with us.

Also, while some of you might say that we might not be interested in Vc because of what Otis called him as fool's gold. It could work either way, either we don't like him, or Otis wanted to lower the price for VC by sending a message that VC would be a fool's gold if we give up someone like Trevor, Darko and Hedo for VC alone. And certianly, if you look at it, to give those 3 players for VC, eh.. it's really a fool's gold.

There could not be a bigger idiot than Brian ****z. Everything he ever writes must be pulled straight out of his asss, cause it always reaks of grade A POOP!!! Seriously this guy probably can't do math so we should cut him a break. It is not his fault that he writes about stuff all the time he has little to no knowledge about. He is just another hack journalist that likes to hear his pompous *** talk. You can tell by watching him on tV that he is as stuck up as they come. Heck Shaq loved to lampoon this turd ball because he could and old ****z never could figure out he was the joke to Shaq. Anyone remember when Shaq a few years ago called ****z up to interview him at his house just to tell him he was coming back to Orlando. **** this guys is a straight up bafoon.

quote:

I would have posted(other links) this for you guys but my computer at work today is working so slow I don't feel like waiting.

I hope you are self-employed. If not, I hope you hate your job, because your azz might hit the road at any time.

quote:
Originally posted by giggi:

quote:

I hope you are self-employed. If not, I hope you hate your job, because your azz might hit the road at any time.

My brain isnt thinking logically right now...or i just dont understand what they were saying Junkie!!

Anyways i like the 5 year offer but lets make it 60 million - 12 mill a year thats great income for him and longevity and he gets all the benefits of being home... It doesnt really handicap us to long or to much if he becomes injured in his 2nd or 3rd year and it almost certaintly means he can retire here...

From Brian Schmitz in this morning's Sentinel:

quote:
Look for the Magic to extend center Dwight Howard this summer for five years. The contract, beginning in 2008, likely will total about $87.5 million. It could start around $14.5 million and finish at $20.5 million.

Also, don't be surprised if the Magic and Milicic end up signing a short-term deal -- say, $21 million over three years.

If we sign Milicic for about 7 million a year is that about what you cap experts thought?

Also, if Darko and Dwight get that won't that be conducive to having more money this summer for free agents?

Does Dwight's extension effect our cap space?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

quote:

quote:
Look for the Magic to extend center Dwight Howard this summer for five years. The contract, beginning in 2008, likely will total about $87.5 million. It could start around $14.5 million and finish at $20.5 million.

Also, don't be surprised if the Magic and Milicic end up signing a short-term deal -- say, $21 million over three years.

If we sign Milicic for about 7 million a year is that about what you cap experts thought?

Also, if Darko and Dwight get that won't that be conducive to having more money this summer for free agents?

Dwight's extension has no effect on cap space since it will be done only after you sign a FA.

If that is true, getting Darko at 3 years $7 million would be a reasonable number. I just hope they don't give him an opt out year, so he can leave after two years.

quote:

quote:

Dwight's extension doesn't effect CAP space until the end of his current contract, which would be 2008-2009 season.

And I really don't see us signing Darko for 7 million a season, since I seem to remember us offering him 8 million and then taking that deal off the table. Anything less than 8 now will seem like an insult.

But really, why would we want to offer him a short term deal? If we're interested in keeping him because we think he's the future, we'll offer him something longer term.

Schmitz really is just an idiot.

deep down i think schmitz hates the magic. i watch him on TV, and i read his columns. He is the biggest naysayer of EVERYTHING the magic do. I hope he reads our dam* posts, because if he does i want him to know that Magic nation thinks hes a complete moron. just about any one of us on this board would be more suited to write for the sentinel then schitz. TYPO- schmitz

I'd like to think that after decades of covering sports for the Sentinel and covering the Magic since the franchise was announced that Schmitz has picked up some insight into the team and into the NBA game. He gets to watch every single Magic game in person and from just off the court. That alone should allow him to be knowledgeable.

But we are not the average Sentinel readers. Most of the stuff he writes about we have already heard from 5 different sources. In a way we are spoiled as Sentinel readers because it is no longer our only source of info on the Magic.

But to the Magic fan who relies on the Sentinel for his or her daily Magic fix, Schmitz is probably doing a great job.

quote:

If we sign Milicic for about 7 million a year is that about what you cap experts thought

Remember LeBron signed a 3 year contract which makes him a unrestricted upon completion. Sounds to me like Schmitz has been clued in to this possibility.

Perhaps Otis should have traded Grant Hill and Milicic for Carter, Marcus Williams(pg), and some bigs sort of like Smack suggested when we first broached the idea of acquiring Carter.

Schmitz and we are in the dark because Otis in in the dark.