Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

Povtak on PG situation

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

Anybody knows if Leandro Barbosa got an extension with the suns. This guy would rock here.

Yes he did, too bad he and Josh Howard were guys I was hoping to be available.

This is completely off the subject but the Spurs passed on both of those guys in the 03 draft. How scary would they be right now?

i wish we could have kept billups!!! why do we always let good players go....if there is some way we could get billups the magic could then move nelson to the bench come off as a scorer not a PG lol then we would top of the east we need a point more than a SG

The magic do need to upgrade the pg position,but i don't beleive they can go after C.Billups,who will be asking for the max.Here are some F.Agents i checked at hoopshype.com,note i don't know how accurate that site is.Here we go,pg-Billus(player option),S.Blake-nuggets,Mo Williams-Bucks,G.Payton-heat,C.Atkins-Grizzlies.F.A sg/Stackhouse-maverics,J.Rose,V.Carter(player option),E.Jones,M.Peterson.F.A sf/R.Lewis(player option),Nocioni,J.Kapono,J.Posey,D.Mason.F.A pf/Garnett(player option),PJ.Brown,Joe Smith,D.Fortson,A.Croshere.And finally F.A centers/Magliore,Mutombo,Mourning,P.Brezec(player option),C.Booth,M.Jackson.I would go after PJ.Brown,Magliore,Fortson to upgrade the frontline.At the backourt position i like S.Blake,Mo Williams,Stackhouse as a scorer and Kapono as a shooter to compliment JJ.Redick.If the magic can resign Darko,they should then try picking up Blake,Stackhouse and PJ.Brown.Stackhouse is a scorer and is only 3 years older than V.C who will ask for too much at age 30.P.J Brown is a cover for Battie who is injury prone.Blake will make J.Nelson earn that pg position all over again.

Billups is NOT a max player IMO. Steve Nash didnt even get the Max. To me, there are only about 10-12 Max players in the entire NBA, and they are all in their 20's except a couple.

Billups deserves to get paid, but nothing longer than a 4 year deal. I would love to see him here.. U think JJ could be his new Rip Hamleton. Ariza his new Prince, Darko his new Rasheed, and Dwight.. well.. he has never had a Dwight before. Could be scary.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I don't want to have a team like the Pistons, I want to see this team succeed with a new identity. ;-)

Identity MMMmmmmm....Howard(21)....Millici(21) ....Ariza(21) ...JJ(22).....Nelson(24 still time??) ...equals YOUTH AND THE FUTURE!!

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

How about a trade for Jose Calderon? As a back-up, he averages 5+ a/gm and only 1.5 to/gm. Plus, he is 6'3'' and only 25 years old. A no-brainer, imho, if we can do it for a reasonable cost.

If not, then perhaps we make a run at Billups. My only issue with him is his age and the amount of money it will take to sign him.

The others on that list do little to warm my bones.

One last guy to consider: Andre Miller. Philly surely would want Jameer, and we surely could use a guy who knows how to pass. Perhaps we could trade Jameer and Hedo for Andre and one of their later first round picks.

I think the andre miller jameer trade might do wonders.. doesnt miller lead the league in assists?

Trading Jameer for Miller is a pipe dream, even if we sweetened it up with Hedo or a future pick.

Jameer's trade value has plummeted this season and he's fast becoming the poor man's Allen Iverson. Needless to say... the poor man's Allen Iverson is a bench player, not a starter.

Philadelphia is happy with Andre Miller and he is expected to lead their rebuilding process, which they hope will be a quick turnaround.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Trading Jameer for Miller is a pipe dream, even if we sweetened it up with Hedo or a future pick.

Jameer's trade value has plummeted this season and he's fast becoming the poor man's Allen Iverson. Needless to say... the poor man's Allen Iverson is a bench player, not a starter.

Philadelphia is happy with Andre Miller and he is expected to lead their rebuilding process, which they hope will be a quick turnaround.

I still believe Philly would love to have their native son back. Plus, from what I've heard, the national media, especially Philly's media (Stephen A. Smith), blames Jameer's lack of growth on B. Hill. I just saw Smith talk about this on ESPN News this past week. Remember that Philly supposedly wanted to do a trade surrounding AI for Jameer in the fall but we had little interest in the deal. Plus, Jameer's contract is incredible value right now. IMHO, Jameer would thrive in Philly because they need punch from the perimeter due to their lack of low post offense.

It would be awesome to get C Billups back here in Orlando. Unfortunately, Billups will probably draw a max deal, but we have the cap space, so why not pick him up? He will solve our apparent PG problem and with Diener to back him up and learn, in a couple of years after Billups contract expires, Diener may be able to play the position so many want to see him in. Ditch Nelson and Arroyo. They'll probably be next next superstars after we do, but they're not doing the job that Orlando needs right now. I like both of them but what do you expect us to do? The people in control need to make changes so the potential on this roster doesn't go to waste.