Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

220 is extremely light. There are a lot of small forwards that weigh more than him. Noah is an exceptional defender but he does get overpowered at times....and 10 pounds can make a big difference. If Noel brought anything else to the table other than help defense then I would probably reconsider my opinion on him. He doesn't. If I was an opposing coach, I would run my center into the post and get him in foul trouble early in the first quarter. Look at the starting centers in the league and tell me who he could match up against....and this is assuming that he recovers 100 percent from his knee surgery. If he loses his explosiveness and agility, he literally has nothing to offer to an NBA team.

I have never really heard of anyone being drafted in the top 5 while being out with an injury.... in any sport.

I have never really heard of anyone being drafted in the top 5 while being out with an injury.... in any sport.

Kenyon Martin comes to mind in basketball. It doesn't happen often though.

Anyone that's on instagram should look what Ben McLemore just posted......

Picture of him on an airplane with a Magic Hat on with the caption "Airplane Flow headed to Orlando. Grind Time. NBA Draft."

Anyone else getting the feeling that he might be trying a bit hard here? I wouldn't be surprised to see some tears if we picked BMac and then traded him away. Yes, the sweet delicious tears of naive aspirations washed away overnight :D

Anyone else getting the feeling that he might be trying a bit hard here? I wouldn't be surprised to see some tears if we picked BMac and then traded him away. Yes, the sweet delicious tears of naive aspirations washed away overnight :D/>

Whether he's the player we should take or not, I think it's great if he actually wants to play here that much.

Whether he's the player we should take or not, I think it's great if he actually wants to play here that much.

That's why I was so excited when I saw the picture. The guy obviously wants to be here in Orlando it's a bit of a statement to be wearing an Orlando Magic hat. He's made it pretty clear he doesn't wanna go to Cleveland.

I'm not sure how normal it is or not to be seen wearing a teams hat like that, but I haven't seen him posting anything with Cleveland on it. The dude does not want to play with Dion Waiters and I don't blame him (black hole).

That's why I was so excited when I saw the picture. The guy obviously wants to be here in Orlando it's a bit of a statement to be wearing an Orlando Magic hat. He's made it pretty clear he doesn't wanna go to Cleveland.

I'm not sure how normal it is or not to be seen wearing a teams hat like that, but I haven't seen him posting anything with Cleveland on it. The dude does not want to play with Dion Waiters and I don't blame him (black hole).

Did he even have his workout with CLE yet?

Did he even have his workout with CLE yet?

I just remember he was asked about how he liked Cleveland and he said somthing a long the line of "I could see myself playing there". But when asked about Orlando he went into much more of an elaborate response and said how much he liked it here.

Like I said, I think he's all but said he would prefer Orlando over Cleveland. Then again, can you blame him?

Better City? Check

More PT? Check

No state income tax? Check

No Dion Waiters? Check

Better weather? Check

If I'm 20 years old, I'm not trying to spend the next 4-5 years of my life in Cleveland. This coming from a Columbus Ohio guy.

• Upvote 1

The apples and oranges referred to your mention of Chalmers, who was a Junior PG and had the ball in his hands 80% of the time. Yes he hit a shot to win an NCAA championship, but McLemore hit game winners also. I guess I don't know what you mean by "passion" when it comes to Chalmers and why you think he has it and McLemore doesn't? I mean its not something you can measure, its completely subjective.

I mentioned Lebron because early in his career, and even more recently, he has been criticized for deferring to teammates late in games and not taking the big shot (yes I realize he's also taken many over a ten year career) and you said it was because he was a team player, but then when critiquing McLemore, who also hit game winners as a freshman, you call the exact same behavior "passive/fear/not caring". The point of all this is that it seems some are trying to paint a picture of a guy who has some serious flaw, when its just as likely that he's simply a young guy who has some areas that need improvement. Example: If a guy doesn't feel confident that he can create a shot for himself, he may be more inclined to defer or not want the ball rather than fail. Once he improves his ability to create his own shot this may no longer be the case.

Of course is subjetive, there is not statics for "passion". It´s just my opinion. I don´t see him being passionate now and i don´t see him learning that. Im not saying he couldn´t be clutch, of course he can be. He hit shot winners in college, of course.

I don´t really like Lebron, i don´t hate him. but for sure i don´t like him at all. But im triying to be objetive with him. Wade is so far clutch and a winner than him. But lebron can hit a winner shots, and IMO he looks more confident with Wade and Bosh aorund him to don´t feel much pressure. I think he makes the other players better. James told Spoelstra to take him out because he was supposeldy tired, but was that? Or was the pressure? I don´t know. Maybe them both.

I prefer other players than Ben, but Ben would be fine for me if we select him.

Virtually every team near the top of the draft is still considering Ben McLemore, but during a workout with the Suns, he declined to compete against Oladipo and Shabazz Muhammad, which didn't sit well with some evaluators. "He needs to compete," said a GM whose team has a lottery pick. "Or it's only going to reinforce our biggest fears about him. There is no consensus in this draft. He's got to come and earn it."

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

I really have doubts about McLemore and hope we don't draft him.