Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Moe Harkless Appreciation Thread

I really like Harkless and hope he can put it all together in Portland. All the fans loved his promise but he just never took the big leaps of improvement you would like to see season to season.

I had high hopes for him, turns out he was nowhere as good as I thought. He has a chance to have a solid career as a journeyman swing defender. Always a lot of those guys in the league. Won't really miss him to be honest though, good luck in Portland though.

Much like most of you, I also held out hope for Moe....he does have the skill set to be a very good to above average player, but time ran out on the kid.

I wish you well, I hope this change is all you will need kid! God bless ya!

I will never forget how he was compared on here to Paul George.

He was underutilized and underdeveloped. I don't think he got a fair shot here. I read a piece by Alex Kennedy once that said Moe was a different guy from some of the other players in the team. He wasn't the super energy hustle guy that Vaughn liked and so when other options were available he didn't play. I think that soured Rob on him too.

He is young and has potential. I think he eventually finds his niche and becomes a Corey Brewer type.

I agree that Moe has a lot of potential, but we have turned the corner on our rebuild and replaced him with somebody that can already shoot.

I can see him eventually being a Trevor Ariza type player but he'll have to develop on a team that can actually give him some minutes.

Since Portland didn't get Kanter maybe they'll give us another 2nd or a pack of gum for Drew and we can use the cap $ to sign a banging defensive PF for when we need him.

Well it was a matter of time. In 2012, we were optimistic about how different Maurice Harkless would be today as a player. However, he had a major set back with Jacque Vaughn.. Harkless still has time to become the realistic player everyone aspired him to become. I see him as a Role player eventually.

Good luck to Maurice Harkless whatever the future brings. To me, he's one of those "what could have been" Magic players now. Those type of players are here for a stint in their youth and gone under 5 years. They became better or worse. This leave me wondering......what could have been depending on direction and influences.

The biggest victim of Jacques Vaughn. I still believe he'll make that Philly GM (and maybe Henny) look bad someday. I wish him well.

P.S. Not that I'm super worried about him biting us in the butt in the future, but at least we traded him to the West.

I will never forget how he was compared on here to Paul George.

He was underutilized and underdeveloped. I don't think he got a fair shot here. I read a piece by Alex Kennedy once that said Moe was a different guy from some of the other players in the team. He wasn't the super energy hustle guy that Vaughn liked and so when other options were available he didn't play. I think that soured Rob on him too.

He is young and has potential. I think he eventually finds his niche and becomes a Corey Brewer type.

Wait, you mean that people on this forum over-estimated a young player on our team and compared them to an elite NBA player? And said player didn't come anywhere near the player he was compared to?

That doesn't sound completely like the norm on here.

Oladip=Wade

Harkless=George

Harris=Mello

Also,

If he becomes similar to Corey Brewer, that would sting.