AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

The Duhon article is a perfect example of how stats can be used to "prove" anything. His shooting percentages and assist average sound adequate for a backup player, until you watch him play. Certain people on this forum should rely less on statistics and more on common sense.

Did someone set up a passive-aggressive off on this board, and no one told me?

But I do like that you're using an article written by a Lakers fan to passive-aggressively insult a group of people you don't like because YOU don't understand the difference between using quantitative analysis as part of how you inform your opinion and looking at a box score and forming ideas based off that.

And really, how is Brandon Bass's 8 rebounds a game going for you and your common sense?

I think the better way to phrase it should be that you are going to cheer the magic on because you love them and are going to will them into competing. Sticking through teams thick and thin are what true fans do; it is important to stay realistic otherwise you will go crazy, but still show your support, otherwise hop off and we'll expect to see you on the bandwagon with the rest of the yuppies for the next go-round.

can these example be used:

Ray allen fans who cheered for Boston, but hopped off to join the cHeat because Ray Allen sign with them? Or like lebron fans in general?

Forget just being a fan: I was posting on this board when the Magic were awful.

The next time you want to lecture someone about jumping on bandwagons, maybe you should realize who they are first. I was a fan when 30 people posted on this board 6 years ago and an 8 seed was like winning a title.

I will still be a fan when we have 30 people posting here 6 months from now, when we're all excited about all those top 5 draft prospects we might be able to get.

I can do one better than that. I remember when we were ecstatic to make a late playoff push and fell a few games short of the 8th seed. We were super excited about that team. That is something that a lot of these newer posters would know nothing about.

Forget just being a fan: I was posting on this board when the Magic were awful.

The next time you want to lecture someone about jumping on bandwagons, maybe you should realize who they are first. I was a fan when 30 people posted on this board 6 years ago and an 8 seed was like winning a title.

I will still be a fan when we have 30 people posting here 6 months from now, when we're all excited about all those top 5 draft prospects we might be able to get.

Just cuz you've posted on a board longer doesnt make you a bigger fan...it just gives you something to reference to act higher and mightier. I've been a fan through thick and thin as well, but I don't have the clout or evidence on these boards to prove it.

That point aside, my statements weren't directed at you, i was merely joining the conversation and offering my perspective in a general sense. sorry if i offended you, next time i respond to someone with more than 500 posts I'll be sure to treat them with respect and offer proper salutations Mr DOM.

Just cuz you've posted on a board longer doesnt make you a bigger fan...it just gives you something to reference to act higher and mightier. I've been a fan through thick and thin as well, but I don't have the clout or evidence on these boards to prove it.

That point aside, my statements weren't directed at you, i was merely joining the conversation and offering my perspective in a general sense. sorry if i offended you, next time i respond to someone with more than 500 posts I'll be sure to treat them with respect and offer proper salutations Mr DOM.

WHY DON'T YOU GO PEE IN YOUR OWN BUTT!

• Upvote 2

Hi, new poster, long time lingerer

I'm surprised nobody has discussed a trade with Sacramento, there roster seems to have an excess of PG's what with recently signing Aaron Brooks and already having Isaiah Thomas, Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Ferdette. None of those guys have bad contracts and, in my opinion could be serviceable as a backup.

You sir are totally right, and the Magic should definitely be looking into trying to grab one of em. Any of them would be nice, but I would put Thomas above the other 3. Not sure I want Tyreke he is far more of a SG, Brooks is nice player but your looking at a career backup, and Ferdette would be very interesting to take a flier on.

I dont know about you guys but Gasol impressed me today.

I think he does not fit in LA. I dont know why we didn't get gasol instead of harrington. He play great as a center and would be good with BBD and nicholson.

Ohh well... What if ?? Right?

You sir are totally right, and the Magic should definitely be looking into trying to grab one of em. Any of them would be nice, but I would put Thomas above the other 3. Not sure I want Tyreke he is far more of a SG, Brooks is nice player but your looking at a career backup, and Ferdette would be very interesting to take a flier on.

Ferdette is a poor version of JJ. Don't like him. He is not a true PG. I like tyreke and thomas though.

I dont know about you guys but Gasol impressed me today.

I think he does not fit in LA. I dont know why we didn't get gasol instead of harrington. He play great as a center and would be good with BBD and nicholson.

Ohh well... What if ?? Right?

If Olympic play translated into the NBA then Scola would be a max player