Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

How legit were these wins?

The Celtics game was a moral victory. They were complete assholes. Not to mention that the latest call in NBA history happened that afternoon. I thought we play horrible for the most part of the game.

you talking about the call on Ryan in the first half? I think it was Pierce he "fouled", or maybe Allen. Whatever. BS.

Sorry that I'm the one that has to post this....because I haven't seen it posted anywhere....but Kendrick Perkins didn't play either....he is actually Boston's best big guy at defending Howard....this is from MagicBasketball.net:...it pretty much sums up my feelings.

The Magic never gave up and displayed the type of mental toughness that’s been missing from the team. Yes, Boston was without the services of Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins, two key cogs in their starting lineup. But it would be an insult to Orlando’s effort to shortchange the importance of their victory, given that this a roster that’s still trying to get to know each other.

It’s been four games since general manager Otis Smith decided to roll the dice and acquire Arenas, Richardson, and Turkoglu and it’s too early whether or not the moves will pay off because everything will be determined in the playoffs.

Still, the Magic are heading in the right direction.

Also, to the thread starter (Orlando n' Kentucky).....I'm also from "Big Blue Country".....Born and raised there till my parents moved us down to Florida when I was in Junior High....but I still follow the Cats pretty closely....even during the Tubby years, lol....

Anyway, was wondering if you could share any news or opinions on the Enes Kanter situation ?....Man, we already have a dynamic young team but if the NCAA gives that guy his eligibility back like they should we'd have a great shot for the championship !!!

http://www.magicbasketball.net/2010/12/26/recap-orlando-magic-86-boston-celtics-78/#more-6231

Oh, and the defense already looks considerably better than it did a couple of games ago.

yes. i think the defense is the key. the offense looks good in spurts. i still dont see that player that breaks the defense down like everybody thought, but there are enough good players spreading the floor, that i think this team has what it takes. the great thing is, that everybody is making it their business to play team ball. i wish they could have done this at first, but oh well. sometimes a change is better. im not sure that the new players are better, than the old, but the chemistry was bad. meer and vince bad mix.

For me both wins were legit. The past two weeks have been as hard on us as ANY team in the league so every game, no matter who it's against, is a challenge. When I think about it the Mavs, Spurs and Celtics were possibly LUCKY to have played us when they did due to our lack of practice and cohesion, especially when there's a decent argument that if we'd not been a team of strangers at the time then the Mavs wouldn't have beaten us.

For me both wins were legit. The past two weeks have been as hard on us as ANY team in the league so every game, no matter who it's against, is a challenge. When I think about it the Mavs, Spurs and Celtics were possibly LUCKY to have played us when they did due to our lack of practice and cohesion, especially when there's a decent argument that if we'd not been a team of strangers at the time then the Mavs wouldn't have beaten us.

I guess. But those teams aren't going to have a shortage of wins regardless of their record against us. I think Atlanta benefited the most. We normally destroy them but now they have that one more win to help with playoff seeding.

Its a "W" either way.... The take away is really who the opponent is and how they play... We knocked off 2 possible Conference finals attendees. I dont care who is playing, because good teams find a way to win, regardless who they have on the floor.

The Spurs game showed us a potential view into our offense and some potential future plays. The Spurs were on one of the hottest winning streaks (which they didnt get for nothing). They came in and we literally shot them out of Orlando.

The Celtics (Hot Streak team)..... I dis like this team for the favoritism that get from the Refs.... Because people claim them as a "physical team" they are allowed to get away with more than a "Non-physical team"... which is complete bull$hit. Again another "NBA Flagship Product" gets special treatment.

Still with the dirty-ness that Boston loves to play with in Orlando (Flopping, pulling, holding, the extra bumps, illegal KG and Fat Baby screens)... we still beat them... and not only did we beat them... we did it with minutes to spare... something we havent done against this team in a long time... We usually see the reverse... Pierce owning us in the final minutes.... By the way, we shut the Truth down in the 2nd half.

The Magic beat the Celtics, while they were getting robbed by the officials... They beat them with their pure will and determination, while having 3 guys still learning and 1 guy re-adjusting after missing 2yrs of the system. And dont forget, that the Magic's "new" guys didnt have a whole lot of influence scoring wise, except for Turk.

So these wins, against these opponents should tell everyone we are going to be a challenger. The Magic are not going to fall to the middle, they are going to be one of the "Elite". And if teams want to disrespect them, then they will take "W" from those teams.

By the way... Just watched an Arenas highlight.... I have to say... in his days... he owned Kobe and Lebron... both tried to guard him... both were toasted... I see why Otis likes him so much. Gil was a beast, if he wakes up again.... I would tell your friends to join the fan club, to avoid hurt feelings.

Those of you that stated that the regular season W's are meaningless are failing to realize that the way we were playing before the trade that we may not have had enough W's to even make the playoffs! The Eastern Conference has really beefed up with probably more trades to come, and that slide we took from the top of the conference to 6th was pretty scary! We need to pile up as many W's as we can because home court could be extra valuable this year!

Games around the holidays are always tough to watch and judge. Unless you have something to prove, you never really can count on the players being 100% there. Heard Tim Duncan was spotted in ToysRUs at 2am after the game lol.

Just my .02

Did everyone forget that we beat boston 3 times out of 4 last year in the reg. season? were any of those wins "legit"?

Of course they were.

you talking about the call on Ryan in the first half? I think it was Pierce he "fouled", or maybe Allen. Whatever. BS.

Yeah the call on Ryan. It took the referee more than 6 seconds to make that call. The Magic had the ball in their hands in everything. It was Ray Allen on the ground.

No one gets that call but the Celtics, Lakers, and Spurs. The ref didn't even see a foul. He just called what he thought was a foul.

Yeah the call on Ryan. It took the referee more than 6 seconds to make that call. The Magic had the ball in their hands in everything. It was Ray Allen on the ground.

No one gets that call but the Celtics, Lakers, and Spurs Heat. The ref didn't even see a foul. He just called what he thought was a foul.

Had to fix that for you.