Sign in to follow this  
~O~

"Darko" resign him or not?

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
$8 million a year? Forget it.

8 Mil would be a steal. 7 foot big men that can pass, shoot, and defend are like diamonds in the NBA. To be signed at any cost. Darko is critical to the future of this franchise. Pairing Dwight with Darko makes us championship contenders down the road, pairing him with PGat and Battie does not.

Agreed. If you don't believe bigs make that much, check out the salaries of Foyle, Dalembert and Ilgauskas. Darko already does more different things than any of those players do, and I think in a year or 2 he'll be flat out better than them in every way.

I'd bet in an open offense Darko will be a lot more motivated in game(on both ends of the court), and in that situation will be a 10-12m a year player, so 8-9m would be a break for Orlando.

I'll post this question to anyone who wants to respond.

What do you value his true worth to be (market value aside). Based on a year rate?

i agree we must resign darko. its not so much about the money. he fits with this group and team chemistry is so important to a championship. billy will get his best and that should be a big improvement. if we are to go all the way he must be a part of it. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

I'll post this question to anyone who wants to respond.

What do you value his true worth to be (market value aside). Based on a year rate?

If he was 4 inches shorter Darko would be making around 3 mil a season. That's based simply on production. Unfortunately the market dictates that at least one team will offer Darko at least the midlevel exception (we should be so lucky) and probably alot more than that.

I think Billy can utilize Darko in a true high post game. Billy likes up tempo and spreading the floor. Darko's shooting and passing will help do that.

Please re-sign Darko. He is a big part of our youth movement and 1/2 of our twin towers. And like someone else said its either darko or battie and garrity. you pick.

The one thing I really liked about watching UF is how well they spaced the floor and how their big men could pass. I think Darko has worlds more potential than Noah but Noah could really pass for a big man I think Billy D would envision Darko in this role while expanding his offensive game.

My views of Darko are, well, reinstating circumstances which Darko experienced this season.

The ejection wasn't a low for the team but a climax...and not that nasty type. It was the point in which may have simply thought "I'm tired of the bull**** and no respect". Heart and enthusiasm toward the game can be portrayed in different ways.

Darko being to soft? As the season progressed..we've seen Darko's sensitive non power dunks. As we entered the worst part of the season, Darko begun a transformation from sensitive dunks to smashing on a fool dunks. I've heard rumors that Darko does drugs on these boards in the past and that Darko is always sort of "drunk" on the court. (lol)

Darko's Midrange game? Remember that free throw extended shot Darko "use" to shoot? Now Darko will have the opportunity under a "smarter" coach to do this. At the end of the season during the big run and at the beginning of this somewhat promising season, Darko was taking that shot until somehow someway, Brian Hill tricked him out of it. Darko shooting these shots aided us in those victories during that end/beginning of a season.

Free throws? I've heard David and Matty stating cases on Darko's shooting form from the Free throw line. "He always leans back when he shoots them". I assume Darko patched this aspect of his game at the endings of this disastrous 06-07' season.

Defense? Well Darko is known for falling for the "up fake" quite often because of shot blocking abilities. Furthermore, Darko needs to work on keeping the ball in bounds while blocking when blocking a shot. I've think Darko has done a great job on that on occasions. Benefits of Darko's size is that Darko has "speedy feet". If you've seen the first game of the season, Darko was put on 6"10 Andres Nocioni; this guy is a Magic killer you know but Nocioni did no killing that night.

Dribbling and running plays through Darko? Dribbling is really what can make Darko thrive in the NBA. Darko definitely has faster speed than Bosh. I've seen Darko slash through players and slam a one hander one the rim before. Yes, the offense should be run through Darko. As you can see, Darko is a "underrated" passer. Showing the opposition that we can run plays through "two" big man will be a quarter flip.

Darko's starting or not starting? Sorry guys, I'm going to have to say no to that because we have no offensive big men in the second lineup. I would love for him to get 40 plus mintues off the bench though but the only way I can see that is Darko as a starter. If Darko can work on his conditioning and grow stronger in the from weights and other forms of muscle building, Darko will be able to stay in for 40 plus minutes and exhaust the defense instead of letting them rest like we did the previous season.

I'm pretty sure that I don't really show this much intelligence......lol. But now you know.

Darko being used correctly will can be a non factor now cause Darko will be guaranteed to be used correctly under a coach who is capable of developing talent. I expect Darko to come back to us cause we are the team who actually "played" him you know but there will always be another reason. I really hope we don't repeat history hear in this summer madness of the offseason.

- O-Dub.

O-Dub, are you telling me David Robinson should've come off the bench for the Spurs, because they had no offensive big men on the bench? When you have (potentially) two dominant big men, you better start and develop both of their games together.

well this is totally different from the songs some ppl here were singing

they were saying: "don't start darko, battie is better!"

and now what??

I hope he can crash kill and destroy everything on his path :-)