Sign in to follow this  
~O~

"Darko" resign him or not?

Now that we have our coach locked in a contract, its all about the free agency. Now What shall we the factor of Darko Milicic?

In my opinion..lets.resign him....who ever is not genius to do such will be an idiot. Lets not repeat history.

Now that we have our coach locked in a contract, its all about the free agency. Now What shall we the factor of Darko Milicic?

In my opinion..lets.resign him....who ever is not genius to do such will be an idiot. Lets not repeat history.

I agree, unless a team loses their mind and offers Darko an insane amount of money the Magic have to retain his services. Personally, I feel the Magic have a great chance of not only resigning him but doing so at a pretty reasonable price.

I think Darko could work in Donovan's system. Billy will whoop his butt into shape, get him in better condition, and really advance Darko's game. We should definitely re-sign Darko.

We need Milicic to team up with Dwight to stop players like Lebron scoring in the paint. On offense utilize Milicic's ability to score from 18 feet while spreading the floor for Dwight. Should be exciting.

for $8-9 mil per, I'd say re-sign him. Would be much, much better if we can get him for cheaper, but 8-9 seems pretty good. A lot of people underestimate Darko.

Now if some other crack head team decides to offer him more, then I'd just leave everything in Otis' capable hands.

quote:
$8 million a year? Forget it.

8 Mil would be a steal. 7 foot big men that can pass, shoot, and defend are like diamonds in the NBA. To be signed at any cost. Darko is critical to the future of this franchise. Pairing Dwight with Darko makes us championship contenders down the road, pairing him with PGat and Battie does not.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

8 Mil would be a steal. 7 foot big men that can pass, shoot, and defend are like diamonds in the NBA. To be signed at any cost. Darko is critical to the future of this franchise. Pairing Dwight with Darko makes us championship contenders down the road, pairing him with PGat and Battie does not.

If Billy can utilize Darko to his full potential unlike Brian Hill who didn't let him shoot, then maybe. How soon does an extension have to be signed? I rather see Billy's system and whether or not Darko can succeed in it than risk $8 million+ on him. I was thinking $7 million max now with the situation with Billy coming in. It really is a big question mark as is a lot of stuff now and the system he plans to run and how players accept and adjust to it.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

I wouldn't have it as a steal but the points made are more than relevant and stipulate why this is a must do for the off season.

resign him, at any cost (yeah, even for max if it would be necessary, but i think that 8M should be enough)

but i wont rule out S&T too, if we can get better value for him then it would be ok for me