Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Anybody wanna do a chat w/ Steve Kyler at 4:00?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Alcohol problem>Marijuana problem

Care to elaborate?

Well...

Alcohol is physically addicting, where Marijuana is not.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

Alcohol problem>Marijuana problem

Care to elaborate?

Well...

Sorry, not true. That notion was proven false years ago.

Junkie and all, sorry I have vanished. My addiction to football has me by the throat. And, no, that wasn't my question.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Ugh, Please just get Crittenton Otis!!

Kevin Kruger or Brian Roberts??? YUCKKKKKKK

If we get Crittenton then what do we do with Meer? Neither are playmakers.

quote:
Originally posted by PrOdigy ReBoRn:

holy crap he answered three of my questions lol man i neeed to play the lottery!

Jared McCain in Titusville, Florida:

Who is the Magic's third pg target?

Steve Kyler:

Chris Quinn seems like he's headed back to Miami... Javaris Crittendon may cost too much... I liked Brian Roberts from the summer squad... there was talk in Orlando Summer League that the spot was promised to Kevin Kruger, but he was flat our awful, so lets hope not.

JMac in orlando, florida:

whats going to happen with hedo turkoglu?

Steve Kyler:

Good question... I keep hearing Hedo would be fine coming off the bench, but in a contract year he's got to be seen as a starter to get the dollars he'll command... its will be interesting, he was by far Stan's playmaker down the stretch and how many times was the ball in his hands at the end of a game?...

He answered 3 of your questions because I bet no one really asked him any. This guy is a big time hack and I doubt knows anything we do not already know or can assume by just being educated fans.

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Ugh, Please just get Crittenton Otis!!

Kevin Kruger or Brian Roberts??? YUCKKKKKKK

If we get Crittenton then what do we do with Meer? Neither are playmakers.

Javaris is still several years away from developing into a full time point guard (assuming he ever does). Bottom line is that he's a project. Jameer doesn't have anything to worry about this year....and that scares me a little bit.

I dont understand why people are pushing for Crittenton so badly. We have already heard from multiple sources that he is better suited at shooting guard, and is not a natural playmaking point guard. Yes, its nice that him and Dwight have played together, but that really should not be a major deciding factor. Wouldnt everybody prefer a young guy, developmental guy who is definetly a PG and is pass first. Just think about what will happen if we get Critt, and he turns out to be a SG. Then we interfere with Lee's development, and have a JJ situation all over again.

I say forget about Critt, and lets find our young pg in next years draft. AJ can hold down the back spot for now.

quote:
Well...

Sorry, not true. That notion was proven false years ago

Where are the facts that back this notion. Alcohol related deaths in 2006 were 16,005. This does not include the abuse, or gun related deaths that drunk people commit. Alcohol is a huge problem in this country and marijuana is NOT physically addictive and does not cause the problems that alcohol does. But alcohol commercials are all over and most people think its alright. But when someone is caught smoking a joint they are an outcast and a "druggie". People have got to remember that alcohol is a drug and a much worse drug than marijuana will ever be.

Back to this post. Kruger and Quinn suck. We need a playmaking point. Especially if Hedo moves on.

quote:

quote:
Well...

Sorry, not true. That notion was proven false years ago

Where are the facts that back this notion. Alcohol related deaths in 2006 were 16,005. This does not include the abuse, or gun related deaths that drunk people commit. Alcohol is a huge problem in this country and marijuana is NOT physically addictive and does not cause the problems that alcohol does. But alcohol commercials are all over and most people think its alright. But when someone is caught smoking a joint they are an outcast and a "druggie". People have got to remember that alcohol is a drug and a much worse drug than marijuana will ever be.

Back to this post. Kruger and Quinn suck. We need a playmaking point. Especially if Hedo moves on.

Fan, no doubt alcoholism is a serious problem, too. I don't care to argue which is worse. I run a recovery and counseling center just outside of NYC for a living and am an interventionist. As for the facts, simply look around the Net using simple searches.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

As for the facts, simply look around the Net using simple searches.

It might need be emphasized that there's a huge difference between something being physically addictive where you have withdrawal symptoms, and something being psychologically addictive.

And the fact is, pure and simple, that marijuana is not physically addictive. At all. It does nothing to you that causes withdrawal symptoms. Period. Study after study has been done confirming this.

You can argue that it is psychologically addictive, just as you can argue that anything is psychologically addictive. This forum is psychologically addictive. But that alone is not enough to put it in the same category with actual addictive drugs like nicotine, heroin, caffeine, cocaine, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Wow...I wish I would have been around if he's going to answer than many Magic questions.

-I don't get why Otis won't give up two assets for one. Not that I'm one of those irrational fans who expect Otis to land Kobe for Keith Bogans and a second rounder - but we do not play JJ. At all. We NEED another young talented playmaker at PG. What gives? We have no leverage - so I know Otis isn't about to wait for Memphis to panic. Ugh.

Kevin Kruger better not get a spot. At all. And why would you promise him anything? What has he done to warrant a promise?

I think Crit would play as much as JJ so why give up JJ and another player for someone that wont have any impact(according to you, just like jj)?

quick comment about the mary jane - I dont think it would be a problem if weed was legal! No duh it wouldnt be as big as problem if it were beer for it is legal.