Sign in to follow this  
matthi3205

JJ works out at the K Center

Uh... a few of the comments in this thread don't seem to match up with the video itself, so I wonder how many people actually watched the vid. But anyway, he seems to be developing Jason Kapono-type moves with his dribble (between the legs, dribble stepback, behind the back, etc.) to shake defenders and get an open shot, which would be HUGE for him because right now he has to run off screens and actually have someone pass him the ball in order to get an open shot. As far as his dunking, it's a nice highlight but doesn't really matter other than showing he's in better condition now than, say, two years ago.

If he can get those "get himself open" moves down that would be big for him, especially in a half court offense. Other than that he better work hard because I think to make it in the NBA with such a limited frame athletically, he needs have a Steve Nash type work ethic and basically just out-cardio 90% of NBA players. With his shooting, the slightest bit of handle, and a Rip Hamilton type motor, he'd have no problem being in anyone's rotation.

However, that's probably his best case scenario and it would take a lot of hard work to get there.

We need to find a way to do what should of been done for the last 2 years... play him somehow, sometime and establish trade value. If he sucks, don't pick up his team option next summer. If he steps up, then you'll find more teams lining up at the deadline because he has his college reputation, now everyone's waiting for him to do anything on the pro level (other than helping us beat the Spurs in '06).

Dunk=highest percentage shot. Way to go JJ.

As for strength.....JJ better keep working at it. Thats kitty weight for me and I'm only 18!

I just think its time to fit Redick in our rotation somehow. We no longer have Dooling and Evans so we will need bench scoring. He just might give us what we need from the bench. We didnt pickup Pietrus for scoring. We will need more scoring from other players besides our big 4. SVG needs to use him now.

that was just a short flim on part of a days work. jj and the magic staff know what he has to improve on and what he needs to do to get in the rotation. i hope he gives us a chance to say i told you so. jacklj

I would just hate it if the Heat was to pick up JJ and actually use him and he does good. Its like letting good talent go for nothing cause he doesnt have much value as of now but once he showcases what he can do, who knows. The Magic is known for letting talented players go for nothing and then they grow into good players. Otis and SVG, lets see what Redick can do in 15 steady minutes or more per game to see who we really have. Not just bench him for another entire year.

Goodness, about freaking time JJ started lifting some weights. If he ever wants to play in this league, he's got to work out more than just a month during the summer. The guy has to change his entire body over.

At least powerlifting 10 lb weights was a start. Haha.

JJ looks like what I'd look like if I worked out. Which isn't saying much...

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Goodness, about freaking time JJ started lifting some weights. If he ever wants to play in this league, he's got to work out more than just a month during the summer. The guy has to change his entire body over.

At least powerlifting 10 lb weights was a start. Haha.

JJ looks like what I'd look like if I worked out. Which isn't saying much...

Oh yes very funny. Actually Redick has been working out since June 1st and spent over a month in Durham working out with the staff and players there.

This is his workout routine this offseason:

Mondays are basketball work, lifting, and agility work. Tuesdays are Pilates, basketball, and conditioning. Wednesdays are basketball and lifting. Thursdays are basketball, agility, and Pilates. And I finish out the week on Fridays with basketball, lifting, and conditioning. Each workout takes about an hour. Essentially I

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

So unlike yourself Redick is in great shape.

Well, that should help him look good in the Armani suits he'll be wearing during the games.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

So unlike yourself Redick is in great shape.

Well, that should help him look good in the Armani suits he'll be wearing during the games.

lol.

I'm not sure about the rest of you guys but from what I can tell by staring at my computer screen and reading the printed words on this message board I think Military Magic looks like he is in decent shape. I mean he obviously couldn't run a 5k or anything of that sort but I'm sure he could walk up a flight of stairs without passing out.

I love it when people make radical assumptions about other posters like this. It's pretty hilarious. But I should warn the people who do this:

Marc Acres 3:16 isn't the ACTUAL Marc Acres. He's just trying to trick you into thinking he's a big white stiff former NBA player, when he is in fact just a big white stiff.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I love it when people make radical assumptions about other posters like this. It's pretty hilarious. But I should warn the people who do this:

Marc Acres 3:16 isn't the ACTUAL Marc Acres. He's just trying to trick you into thinking he's a big white stiff former NBA player, when he is in fact just a big white stiff.

Marc Acres 3:16 is not big.