Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Josh Smith and Hawks... difficulties on contract agreement? [Hoopsworld]

Here's a nyce thread over on EBSports. Take it for what it's worth, but apparantly, Josh Smith posted there a few times, answering fans' questions.

It's an interesting read.

http://www.ebsports.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=59974&page=4

post #67 stands out to me. its his response to someone asking him if he'd consider playing in Orlando with Dwight...

quote:
D12 is my boy from high school. Orlando huh? Not a bad place.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Hedo should be able to get us more then Josh Smith. The guy can't shoot that great. He's above average in athleticism and defense..but on on offense..its only there at times.

On the other hand...I really don't care. Its up to Otis.

Is there no end to your Hedo homerism?

who the **** is micheal jordan? we have THE TURK!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

if there is any way that we can swing a trade for him we have to do it. a frontcourt of lewis, smith, and mighty dwight would be unstoppable for a long time.

turk, redick, cook, and 2 future 1st for smith resigned at 12 mill/yr

Exactly

Hell id give up Turk for less. But if you could get Josh Smith, id be friggin deliriously happy.

What ever it took to get it done, im in.

Im just imiganing Josh Smith and Dwight Howard next to each other on the magic ... my god athletasism and insane dunks on one end and amazing blocks on the other... 'drools'

the max that atl could sign and trade him for is 13 mill/yr, i assume seeing as thats what dwights max deal starts at next year.

probably the biggest hindering point of a deal going down is atl being in our division, and subsequintly our *****es for the next decade

would you go over the lux cap to get a guy like josh smith here and extended? i'm sure we'd have to give up hedo or something if atl would even trade within it's divison. i'd eat the lux cap with a knife and fork and get maggatte here as well, if your going to do something, might has well do it right.... but that's more of a mental fantasy where we have all sorts of cash and an owner willing to dish it out.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Hedo should be able to get us more then Josh Smith. The guy can't shoot that great. He's above average in athleticism and defense..but on on offense..its only there at times.

On the other hand...I really don't care. Its up to Otis.

Is there no end to your Hedo homerism?

No....I'm so high like a bird that touches the sky....but to be serious, yes..I think we can get more then Hedo for him. I look at the big picture. Who had the better season overall...I can't get why you guys are so clueless on that point.