Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

Would you welcome back T-Mac?

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

quote:
T-Mac as a starting SG or sixth man would be great.

If he could stay healthy, then yes as a starting SG, or even a SG/SF sixth man. I am afraid that he can't stay healthy though. Look at his games played the last few years in Houston. He has missed about 60 games since he has been there.

I know and I agree, but that's why I qualified it with still having Rashard and Hedo to fall back on... I would never want to have to rely on T-Mac game in and game out like Houston has to.

quote:
Originally posted by Sc0rpi0n:

A pipe dream I know, but T-Mac and Shaq are both free agents heading into the 2010-11 season....the same season the new arena will open...

T-Mac production slows by then, but he's still a 15 ppg guy. Shaq decides he'll retire in a Magic uniform. New arena opens to much success, hosting All-Star game. Magic led by Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis to first NBA title. It all sounds good on paper...

HMM....

I was thinking the samething with T-Mac and Shaq

I don't know how much he would have left in 2yrs, the guy is falling apart fast. I wouldn't mind having him back at a reduced rate if he could contribute but I don't know if he will even be able to complete a season in 2yrs.

Yes, but not at any significant cost in form of salary or giving up tradeable assets.

I think it's a very legitimate fear that T-Mac's injuries are going to deteriorate his game, just as it did Penny's.

It's amazing the similarity in their situations, with Penny being about 5 years ahead of him.

Sore knee my rear end! The only thing that was hurting Tracy last night was the 1-10 shooting the Magic defense put on him last night.

It's called a bruised ego, not a bruised knee.

Seriously, Rashard Lewis has all kinds of ailments but he was still out there giving it his best.

Don't want the quitter back. I would share with you guys all Tracy's high school attitude problems since he went to school near me but you guys don't have enough time.

quote:
and 30assist. He only played the 1st half, with a knee injury. you try playing in the NBA with a knee injury

That was kind of my point, MagicNoles: how often did Tracy have an injury and ride the bench? Nice guy, but he's injury prone and his desire is suspect. Have any of his teams done anything in the post-season?

Thought not.

quote:
Sore knee my rear end! The only thing that was hurting Tracy last night was the 1-10 shooting the Magic defense put on him last night.

It's called a bruised ego, not a bruised knee.

Seriously, Rashard Lewis has all kinds of ailments but he was still out there giving it his best.

Don't want the quitter back. I would share with you guys all Tracy's high school attitude problems since he went to school near me but you guys don't have enough time.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Ball Junkie.

This might seem weird but you know who T-Mac reminds me of in another sport: Randy Moss.

They both have all the talent in the world yet only seem to use it when it appears to be okay for them. Both when faced with less than ideal situations essentially mail it in and do not give their all to the sport but put them in a winning situation and they are great!!

My point is this. What I saw from Dwight last night in defending Yao and directing teammates is that in the next year or two he is going to be the leader this team needs and hopefully the most dominating player in the NBA. If T-Mac were to come back here he would be a piece not the man. If he is honest is his assertions that he wants to win and win big after he has collected well over one hundred million dollars why not come back home and hopefully ride Dwight to a title.

It is kind of funny to me that his options were Houston, Phoenix, and stay in Orlando and it appears he chose the worst option.

Now I do not know if someone who is clearly used to being the man can all of a sudden fill a complimentary role but if he was willing to embrace it and came here I would welcome him back.