Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

Would you welcome back T-Mac?

With the news papper writing about it today and Sun Sports talking about it i was wondering if the fans would welcome back T mac to a Orlando return if he choose one?

After all he did leave the magic because the Jack butt hockey guy who is no longer here.

TMac shows an intrest in a possible return when his rockets contract is up..what do you guys think??

I say Welcome back T Mac!

With the news papper writing about it today and Sun Sports talking about it i was wondering if the fans would welcome back T mac to a Orlando return if he choose one?

After all he did leave the magic because the Jack butt hockey guy who is no longer here.

TMac shows an intrest in a possible return when his rockets contract is up..what do you guys think??

I say Welcome back T Mac!

I'll welcome him back with open arms. Not at his current rate though.

TMac was a great player and person in my opinion, I actually got the chance to talk to him and Chance a few times and they were both pretty cool guys.

Not to mention when healthy he is easily a top three most electric scorer in the NBA.

No. As I look at the game right now (it's not over yet), Tracy has scored a whopping 3 points to add to his 2 rebounds.

Bogans has 14 and 8 boards. Even little Jameer has 11 and 4.

The problem I have with Tracy is that he plays when he wants to play. I want players who play to win, no matter who they're playing or whether their feelings are hurt, or whether the wind is blowing.

Guess that's a no, then.

A pipe dream I know, but T-Mac and Shaq are both free agents heading into the 2010-11 season....the same season the new arena will open...

T-Mac production slows by then, but he's still a 15 ppg guy. Shaq decides he'll retire in a Magic uniform. New arena opens to much success, hosting All-Star game. Magic led by Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis to first NBA title. It all sounds good on paper...

HMM....

At some Vince Carter rate? Heck-to-the-no. But if he'd be willing to take a Grant Hill discount or a mid-level exception, then why not?

I don't think he's half the cancer that a guy like Kobe or Artest is. Not to mention that when you get a guy like Dwight Howard on your team, how could you possibly get upset about anything? Somehow having T-Mac AND Rashard would make me feel better about it because he has such an injury history as of late and that back will never be 100% again for the rest of his career. But if T-Mac got hurt, at least you'd have Rashard (and Hedo if he was still with us) to lean on.

Plus I don't know how Magic Nation feels as a whole, but I don't think that Magic fans have the kind of bad blood towards T-Mac that they have towards Shaq, Penny, and Grant Hill. A. Those guys left in free agency while at least we got a couple of good players for T-Mac in a trade. It wasn't enough but at least it was something. Plus B. T-Mac's back probably gave out from carrying the City of Orlando on his back for years... it was no one's fault because of the injuries to Grant, but you can't expect the guy to spend his prime with really only Darrell Armstrong to help him.

T-Mac as a starting SG or sixth man would be great.

Put it this way:

The only way we get TMac to come back is if he continues to miss 20-30 games a season due to injury and has more playoff failures. Otherwise, his value will be far too high for anything we can offer in trade or in free agency.

Catch-22, right?

quote:
T-Mac as a starting SG or sixth man would be great.

If he could stay healthy, then yes as a starting SG, or even a SG/SF sixth man. I am afraid that he can't stay healthy though. Look at his games played the last few years in Houston. He has missed about 60 games since he has been there.