Sign in to follow this  
richnba

Post count

Is there a way to simply knock off the post count meter, it seems that alot of people are taking offense to how much posts some of us have......

So to solve all of this I say why not just eliminate the post count all together if it is possible......

Is there a way to simply knock off the post count meter, it seems that alot of people are taking offense to how much posts some of us have......

So to solve all of this I say why not just eliminate the post count all together if it is possible......

The people with high post counts shouldn't be worried about other taking offense to how many posts you have. You should be proud of those numbers. It shows your dedication to these message boards, and more importantly, your dedication to this team.

Take pride in that high number...not try to hide it.

I'm with Rich on this one, I think the date is enough.

It may increase participation. Every board I have joined, which is about 2-3, there is an intimidation for new members to contribute, its a fact. Your right Rockchalk in that its something to be proud of but I think this is a good idea.

Post counts could be left in the member search section, but visibly in discussion it doesn't need to be seen.

I'd think about this one and pin up a poll. I think its a good idea and the theory should be tested.

Good point guys. Perhaps one of the reasons for new members not posting and guests not signing up is that they feel intimadated by the fact that people have such high post counts. Maybe they feel that it'll be hard to become a part of the forum community.

I suppose I can't really comment too much on the matter, saying as my post count is nothing on some of you guys, but that just shows how dedicated you still are. Because of that, I agree with nbr: the count should still be available to look at in the member search section.

I don't think it should be intimidating at all, the last thing I notice in a post is the poster's post count. If you come hear to discuss the Magic, then don't be afraid to voice out your opinion. After all, this is a discussion forum.

i joined this forum a long time ago and i still havent cleared the 100 posts mark, mainly because i would just read what everyone said instead of contributing. The post numbers didnt intimidate me though it was just everything would be covered before i would have a chance to say it.

Some people just don't care about posting, some see their opinions already posted so they don't comment, some just don't want to post.

I think if you want to post you will and if you don't then you won't. Its not about intimidation. We all know that just because you have a high count, it doesn't mean you know anything about basketball, it just means you have replied a bunch of times.

I think theres only a few group that actually care about their post count, for the most part we don't, but its still a way to show your dedication to the team.

We should let the people that are worried about post counts worry about them. Everyone else just ignore it. We will try to control the post padding as much as possible. One thing is to joke around and have some fun, which is the whole point of these forums, another is to just post +1 and a lol to bump your numbers up.

Its a well known fact that my basketball knowledge does increase incremently with each post.

LOL +1