Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Lewis to Orlando?

Next to Vince Carter and maybe Chauncey Billups, Lewis is the most coveted free agent to be, in line for a maximum contract. The story talks about how valuable Lewis is, how in demand he'll be. He says he might be interested in playing in the Eastern Conference because he'd have a better chance at making the playoffs and getting to the NBA Finals.

Orlando is said to be his most likely destination, but Lewis maintained otherwise when asked by the passenger in his car

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/308718_moore23.html

Next to Vince Carter and maybe Chauncey Billups, Lewis is the most coveted free agent to be, in line for a maximum contract. The story talks about how valuable Lewis is, how in demand he'll be. He says he might be interested in playing in the Eastern Conference because he'd have a better chance at making the playoffs and getting to the NBA Finals.

Orlando is said to be his most likely destination, but Lewis maintained otherwise when asked by the passenger in his car

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/308718_moore23.html

Ariza for a PF? What's the point? We don't need any more of those. Why not give Augustine a shot? Ariza has excellent defense and can perform. The only thing I see lacking is a jumpshot. Ariza is going to have a great season next year if injuries don't strike. Let it be with the magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

He would definately help our defense at the 3.

bullfight.jpg

Are you serious? He is one of the worst defenders in the league...but still a great scorer and would help us out a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by Jaybird:

Ariza for a PF? What's the point? We don't need any more of those. Why not give Augustine a shot? Ariza has excellent defense and can perform. The only thing I see lacking is a jumpshot. Ariza is going to have a great season next year if injuries don't strike. Let it be with the magic.

Auggie is not good. If he was, he'd play. And yes we DO need a PF. In case you haven't noticed, the Magic have stated this need over and over again.

I like Lewis because he is a huge threat from three point land that would help spread the defense. He is also younger than Billups and Carter.

The bad part is he plays a position that Ariza, Hedo and Hill (if he returns) also play. Plus he will want and be getting a Max contract, which we may not have the room under the cap.

I would be happy with Lewis, Carter, Billups or Wallace as a fall back.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but...if we could sign both Blake and Pietrus and then trade alot of the extra players we have for a decent backup bigman I will consider this offseason a collasal success.