Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

Magic fans in the Tampa Bay Area with Brighthouse we may be able to rejoice...

Response I just received....

Bright House does broadcast the Magic games which are part of our agreement with Fox Networks. If we can assist you with further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

So now the only market that should matter is missing Magic games on FSN. I really feel for you guys and gals. What a debacle.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Hey, I hate cable companies hate hate hate and hate is a strong word... but it is unreasonable for them to eat $2 a subscriber... they'd lose a LOT more money from eating 2 bucks a pop than if a handful of Magic fans switch to DirecTV...

I understand what you are saying, but what are all of those little nickel and dime increases that they have consistantly passed along to us while improving nothing. I'm sure they would lose money either way but, they never seemed to have an issue with passing along cost's to me in the past for absolutely nothing now all of a sudden they are taking a stand to stick up for me? Please. If they are really as concerned about providing me with the best service money can buy, they should use some of those little nickel-dime increases and absorb the increase.

I just hate how they are playing the victim here. The only reason they are speaking up is for once they are the ones taking the hit.

They tried to pull similar garbage back in the 90's when they tried to remove MTV and replace it with a different channel which I can only assume benefitted them monetarily.

One question, if Brighthouse takes their name off UCF's stadium. Would they then be able to fit FSN in their budget???

Not everyone attends UCF games but we all pay for it, including non sports fans. I love how they pick and choose that logic when it is conventiant.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Hey, I hate cable companies hate hate hate and hate is a strong word... but it is unreasonable for them to eat $2 a subscriber... they'd lose a LOT more money from eating 2 bucks a pop than if a handful of Magic fans switch to DirecTV...

I understand what you are saying, but what are all of those little nickel and dime increases that they have consistantly passed along to us while improving nothing. I'm sure they would lose money either way but, they never seemed to have an issue with passing along cost's to me in the past for absolutely nothing now all of a sudden they are taking a stand to stick up for me? Please. If they are really as concerned about providing me with the best service money can buy, they should use some of those little nickel-dime increases and absorb the increase.

I just hate how they are playing the victim here. The only reason they are speaking up is for once they are the ones taking the hit.

They tried to pull similar garbage back in the 90's when they tried to remove MTV and replace it with a different channel which I can only assume benefitted them monetarily.

You speak the truth, it's hypocritical of them to suddenly claim to be sticking up for their subscribers. They've never been hesitant to raise our costs before. They are heartless.

But heck, so is ESPN - they charge cable carriers astronomical rates to supply their channel. I mean, ESPN would probably be profitable as a broadcast station at this point, but they're just as greedy as the cable companies.

Only one real loser here - us, the consumers.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

One question, if Brighthouse takes their name off UCF's stadium. Would they then be able to fit FSN in their budget???

Not everyone attends UCF games but we all pay for it, including non sports fans. I love how they pick and choose that logic when it is conventiant.

As an alumnus and a season tix holder, I can tell you that I don't even like calling it the Brighthouse Networks Stadium or the BHN Stadium or whatever.

Me and mine have been calling it the on-campus stadium, or the "OC."

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

As an alumnus and a season tix holder, I can tell you that I don't even like calling it the Brighthouse Networks Stadium or the BHN Stadium or whatever.

Me and mine have been calling it the on-campus stadium, or the "OC."

Not picking on UCF, I think it is great they built their own stadium. Just making an example of Brighthouse spending money and then taking the high road about defending the little guy and his cable rates.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RockChalk Magic:

LGM,

We received more than 900 calls on Wednesday alone, so her response certainly wasn't a brush off. We understand that everyone is frustrated, and believe me, know one is more upset about this situation than us.

Rock,

I know for a fact their a lot of people in the organization upset about this. Any chances they could at least lift the league pass blackout?

Right now Direct or Dish TV is the only option left and for many that is not a possibility due to logistics.

I.E. Homeowner Assoc. restrictions, clear view of southern sky for dish placement, land line requirement, etc.

_

The NBA League Pass blackout has absolutely nothing to do with the FSN/Brighthouse situation. The NBA mandates that League Pass be made unavailable within a 75-mile radius of both cities playing in the game (ie. Orlando and Detroit areas tonight). Even if the games on FSN were available on Brighthouse right now, they would still be blacked out for the local markets. Lifting the blackout would be an NBA decision.

I don't know how it all works, and I understand is a different system, but the opener, I could see it on FSN and I could see it on the League Pass channel...I would have thought they would have blacked it out on the League Pass channel...

or maybe being in Lady Lake, is far enough and outside that 75 mile radius....

I'm with BH and I just made several calls and sent emails once again. I spoke with a very nice young lady at BH who said she knew a little of what's going on. BTW she is huge Buckeye fan and said if she were home and could not see their games she would be doing the same as I'm doing. She said "she doesn't know why they just don't get rid of one of the gov't channels." She did eplain that FSN wants to charge them an exhorbinent fee to carry network and plus wants games to be on extended basic cable at an additional cost to customers. BH is willing to put on basic but does not want basic cable customers to have to pay extra. She thanked me for not calling her names as the previous caller had done. I had to laugh at that. She said we will not have coverage tonight, actually she doesn't see it happening anytime soon. Looks to me like FSN paid more than they should have to the magic and now they want BH and customers to bail them out. What do you think? Even though we can see the games on Directtv, it kills to give my money to FSN. I'm just so disappointed at this point.

quote:
Originally posted by RockChalk Magic:

The NBA League Pass blackout has absolutely nothing to do with the FSN/Brighthouse situation. The NBA mandates that League Pass be made unavailable within a 75-mile radius of both cities playing in the game (ie. Orlando and Detroit areas tonight). Even if the games on FSN were available on Brighthouse right now, they would still be blacked out for the local markets. Lifting the blackout would be an NBA decision.

So does anyone have Stern's cell phone number?