Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

So are we all gonna sit back and miss the tv games starting next week?I think someone who's better with a computer than me needs to start a list of email addresses,and everyone here needs to send emails,to FSN,B/H and the Magic organization,and let them know that we want our games on local cable.

I have gotten too many 'canned' responses from all of the above,I don't think they really care about the average joe fan.I think its time for an email-fest.

Anybody else ???

So are we all gonna sit back and miss the tv games starting next week?I think someone who's better with a computer than me needs to start a list of email addresses,and everyone here needs to send emails,to FSN,B/H and the Magic organization,and let them know that we want our games on local cable.

I have gotten too many 'canned' responses from all of the above,I don't think they really care about the average joe fan.I think its time for an email-fest.

Anybody else ???

Yeah I think we need to take a stand!..................even if I'm not involved.........

the only thing you can do is what I and some others have done....switch to something that will give you the channels, drop their business, that's the only way they will get hurt..

No...we have to fight for this. If we let this go without the Magic, Fsn and Brighthouse feeling our angry....they will just continue to walk all over us as consumers.

I have emailed everyone about this topic and will continue until this issue is resolved or even addressed to the public.

What we really need to do is to send all our complaints and letters to our local media. (Orlando Sentinal, wkmg etc..)

That is what they are for....to be the voice of the people. Some sport writers have already started on this topic but we still have to make this story a hot topic for them to write about it.

Lets keep the pressure on!

its all about money in the end....Brighthouse feels they won't lose anyone or hardly anyone if it doesn't happen....

The Magic are getting paid....

We are getting affected....

but it doesn't matter how many emails you send, in the end is about money and money....

the only way to affect them is to stop giving them your money....switch...

Hey fells. I was parusing (sp?) through the real gm boards for the first time ever (please don't send me to exile, lol) and I found an interesting post on this issue there. This guy has a plan to watch the Magic games on brighthouse by signing up for NBA league pass AND sports tier package. You might ask yourself.....Why would he do that if the magic games are going to be blacked out on NBA league pass, and Brighthouse is not carrying FSN on their sports tier yet? What a yutz! Here's his response:

"Correct, but I'm covered with the Sports Package and NBALP. If Brighthouse gets FSN in any capacity, I'll get all the Magic games, if they don't, then NBALP won't black them out, so I'll get them on there!"

His theory to getting the games on NBALP is the thought that since we don't have have FSN yet, the games technically won't be televised locally for us in Orlando....which means the games should not be blacked out on NBALP.

The reason I post this is because:

#1 - Very interesting way of thinking about this and hadn't seen that thought posted on here yet.

#2 - My insides are telling me that getting the magic games is not THAT easy. I was wondering if any of you good fellas on this board could take this as an action item, call Brighthouse and see if there is any way possible we could watch the games based on the above theory on NBALP. In other words, actually see if there is truth to the theory. If you could post the answers you get from Brighthouse here that would be awesome! Thx homies.

It won't work.

Back a few years ago when SunSports and Time Warner had a similar dispute, Time Warner offered disgruntled Magic fans the NBA League Pass for free.

I called, complained and got the Pass for free, but there were no Magic games.

The NBALP takes its feeds from the local cable broadcast company. Since those feeds will be coming from FSN (from games that FSN is broadcasting), then there will be no channel for the NBALP to pull from in the Brighthouse market area. The local blackout rule would not apply in this instance since there is no local channel to pull from in the first place.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

its all about money in the end....Brighthouse feels they won't lose anyone or hardly anyone if it doesn't happen....

The Magic are getting paid....

We are getting affected....

but it doesn't matter how many emails you send, in the end is about money and money....

the only way to affect them is to stop giving them your money....switch...

If FSN came down on the price per subscriber than this wouldn't even be issue. You blame Brighthouse. I blame the cable network. They have brighthouse over a barrel and they're milking it for every cent they can. Nuff said.

that is true, but we could blame the team for selling the rights to the games knowing that Brighthouse doesn't carry the channel and that it would affect all the fans....

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

that is true, but we could blame the team for selling the rights to the games knowing that Brighthouse doesn't carry the channel and that it would affect all the fans....

You're absolutely correct on that count. I guess my biggest problem with this whole situation is that it seems like everyone on this forum is taking out on the cable company when I think they are the only ones who truly have our best interest at heart. Saving us money. If we as fans want to pay an extra buck or 2 to get FSN on a sports tier package than great, we pay it. Why should every brighthouse customer be subjected to a rate increase because sports networks are charging a premium for their feed. Their are 2 sides to this arguement. I just dont understand why most people here dont see that.