He lists the Magic as being interested in these players:

Wiggins

Exum

Smart

Ennis

Payton

Saric

Lavine

Still consistent with the narrative that Exum is who we're picking if we don't get the number 1 pick or Wiggins falls.

Lavine would be a great pickup if we got another pick later in the first

Has anyone talked about Khem Birch here? I would looooooove to grab him with a second round pick (which we dont have)

Im from Vegas and have watched him a lot. He needs a lot of work offensively and also needs to become stronger. I like him but not sure what his ceiling could really be. Marcus Camby maybe? More importantly his floor could be Thabeet. (He's a very hard worker so that may be a bit harsh)

Exum doesn't resemble Rose all that much, prime Rose was very powerful and explosive in the way he played. Exum's game is "smoother", he's more like a 6'6" Tony Parker.

Tony Parker is neither powerful, nor explosive, according to you. Explain.

Exum doesn't resemble Rose all that much, prime Rose was very powerful and explosive in the way he played. Exum's game is "smoother", he's more like a 6'6" Tony Parker.

Explosive is exactly what Exum is. The Rose comparison is based on speed and first step. Watch Exum run the floor - dude is warp.

It ill be a tough decision for the Magic between Parker and Exum and possibly Embiid. I think we will all be happy in the end since Rob is such a great talent assessor. Believe if Rob does indeed come to the conclusion Exum is the future at PG, we may have ourselves a star within 2 seasons.

Obviously the Dipo pick was BPA. The Magic then decided that they would still take Wiggins first, so playing Vic at PG was necessary in preparation for this draft.

Defensively you just can not go wrong with either pick. Shooting wise, the Magic would be in trouble. If they can trade AA for another top 10 pick (which they are going to attempt - the Charlotte rumor was a purposeful leak to build value) I believe they will address their paint woes with Gordon, who can defend PF's now and then grab a pure shooter like Mcdermott to man the SF position.

Lets say 3 months into the season it is Exum/Dipo/McDermott/Gordon/Vuc . The depth behind those guys would be stupid. Harris as 6th man, which I believe is a perfect role for him (he will get plenty of minutes), Harkless manning SF and sliding Tobias down to PF and Oquinn at C would be a filthy 8 man rotation to develop. The Magic can simply save some $$$ and have Moore back up at PG/SG again if they wanted.

The key component is making the trade for that extra pick. It may just not be feasible - we will see. But currently there are a lot of great scenarios to work out over the next 6 weeks.

Lets say 3 months into the season it is Exum/Dipo/McDermott/Gordon/Vuc . The depth behind those guys would be stupid. Harris as 6th man, which I believe is a perfect role for him (he will get plenty of minutes), Harkless manning SF and sliding Tobias down to PF and Oquinn at C would be a filthy 8 man rotation to develop. The Magic can simply save some $ and have Moore back up at PG/SG again if they wanted.

So we're tanking again? That lineup wouldn't win 20 games next year.

Yeah I don't really like that outlook too much. Except for the trading AA for a lotto pick I feel the rest is plan B or worse. I like the idea of Vic and Gordon, but next to Vic I want to see a scorer...like AA but hopefully better. If Wiggins or Embiid is there when you draft you take em.

Explosive is exactly what Exum is. The Rose comparison is based on speed and first step. Watch Exum run the floor - dude is warp.

Rose had explosive athleticism though, Exum doesn't. Exum is a great athlete, he's lightning quick and his first step is awesome but he's not a guy who's going to be throwing it down over Dwight or mashing on guys consistently, he's smooth and fluid and lays it in from Euro steps and such.

I can see the similarities and differences in both the Parker and Rose comparisons but they both have validity. I just don't think Exum has the vertical explosion of Rose.

It's a little unconventional but I see similarities between Exum and Ginobili.

Lottery needs to get here faster. My mouse is in a need of replacement after all that refreshing yet little to no news to chew on. Even the refresh button itself is all bruised and dented.