Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Otis say that he has not gotten a single call about Grant Hill's contract. It seems after Orlando was able to get Penny and Ariza last year no else is trading huge expiring contracts. I would think that if they could trade Hill for Carter straight up they would.

Chad Ford did say there were a few teams that were interested in Grant Hill's expiring contract but who is to say if any of those deals were any good. It could just be teams looking to unload bad bloated contracts. If that is the case then I am glad Otis didn't jump. I would trade the contract if it meant getting a valuable piece but not if it is for a bad long term deal.

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

Chad Ford did say there were a few teams that were interested in Grant Hill's expiring contract but who is to say if any of those deals were any good. It could just be teams looking to unload bad bloated contracts. If that is the case then I am glad Otis didn't jump. I would trade the contract if it meant getting a valuable piece but not if it is for a bad long term deal.

I just hope he was making at least as many calls as were coming in to him and not just waiting for people to call him. None of us are going to know whether or not that is the case.

**sigh** I guess we will have to wait till the offseason to see if Dwight is going to get any help.

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

Agreed! I don't see Otis in the mortage the farm for the future Mode, but it is almost like he is on probation or something like that...afraid to move.....LET'S GO!!!

WE will have the same team tommorow, an I expect the same result as yesterday, Detroit will kill us, then Houston will get there turn, the Bulls will then have there chance to kick our ***, and Sanantonio wants revenge so they will then kick our asses, an then I say Dallas murders us.

So we are looking at 27-33 by the end of next week.

This season, it appears that expiring contracts are not nearly as valuable or sought after as in previous years. I wonder if that's because of all the bad deals that have gone down in years past? The team dealing the expiring contract almost always gets screwed.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

This is so depressing.

So how are ya doing Soul Bro, you really need to check on Ball Junkie, keep him away from any open windows for the next 10-15 Mins!!