Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

2 Mid to late first rounders in this draft? Pass.

What would you want us to do in this situation? Just trying to create some discussion here, curious what people think.

I think Oladipo could become a nice role player, but I'm not overly excited

You shouldn't be. Athletic perimeter defenders aren't that hard to find in the league. Most of them can even shoot.

I'd take 2 mid to late 1sts in a heart beat if we could also pick up an early 2nd. Then with my 4 picks I take Adetokunbo and Schroeder in the 1st, Jatieh in the early 2nd and leave him in France for another year, then draft Snaer with my last pick.

Snaer is a good perimeter defender and decent shooter so he should beat out Jones and Moore for SG mins. Schroeder takes backup point mins and Adetokunbo is that luxury pick because he's a 6'10 point forward who has a tonne of potential and could be left in Europe for another year or brought over right away.

I don't even care that we'd have 3 SF prospects. That just means we have a lot of assets to make a trade for a star if one became available.

Also I'm not really as high on Jaiteh as the rest so that pick could be swapped for another big man but I just like the fact we can leave him overseas to develop and not have to cut another young guy from the roster to make room right away.

That is actually my dream draft.

I'm probably a little late on this but Dennis Schroeder looks kind of nice.

Thanks for using Probably instead of Prolly

I'd have to agree, because as much potential as Harkless and Harris may have at the forward position, the chance to grab a (potentially) franchise changing star like Wiggins or Parker might be too good to miss, and that is why I feel that in the 2014 draft we won't target a PG in the first round unless we get an extra first round pick in a trade.

For me, I think we'll either end up taking Burke or Noel with our pick this year. Burke gives us the potential replacement for Jameer; though if we go for Noel, he gives us a dominant defensive presence on the court. I'm not sure which we'll go for, or for that matter, which I prefer. But both guys could be good fits with this team, though if we do go for the latter we do have options in trading for a PG or signing one in the 2014 free agency: John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Ricky Rubio, or Norris Cole. Some are more realistic than others, but all of them could be options to replace Nelson with. Of the lot I think we could perhaps persuade the Clippers to trade Bledsoe for Nelson, because Bledsoe could be our answer at PG for the future, while Nelson could be an excellent impact player for them; and the same goes for the Heat, though I don't think they would have the cap space to take on a contract like Nelson's.

So while we could go for a PG in the 2014 draft, I think it is more likely we will go for one in this year's draft if we take the drafting route. If we don't, then I'd expect us to trade for one (perhaps Bledsoe or Cole), or go for one in free agency (Wall, Bledsoe if he gets that far, Rubio if he hits the market, or Cole). Any of them would do for me, but I'll back whatever decision Henny makes. If he goes for Noel this year and takes a PG next year, then so be it.

Good post except for the Norris Cole part. If we got him I would stick an ice pick in my ear.

Maybe someone is going to blow us away with an offer for Harris or Harkless?

Harkless spent a lot of time late in the season at SG...I would not be surprised to see them put Porter at SF, Harris at PF and Harkless at SG.

Too early to tell though since they have not brought people in for workouts yet or know what spot they are drafting.

• Upvote 1