Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I found this one interesting.

Hopefully we already made a deal with them to take on Marion to get the #13 pick. Would be a good use of the large Trade exception we are sitting on.

I agree that would be nice. But what do we do with marion? Let him just rot on the bench? Turn around and trade him?

I agree that would be nice. But what do we do with marion? Let him just rot on the bench? Turn around and trade him?

Trade him at the deadline or let him walk next year. Either way is fine.

Trade him at the deadline or let him walk next year. Either way is fine.

Hey Catman, I noticed that you've mentioned Shabazz as a mid-first pickup lately... Is that just someone you like or is he someone the Magic are targeting if they buy back in?

Chris Mannix (SI.COM) Mock Pick:

2. Magic - Ben McLemore

A source confirmed an ESPN.com report that McLemore has looked sluggish in recent workouts but, the source said, "That doesn't take away from the year he had last season." Several executives believe that the prototypical 2-guard has "All-Star potential." The Magic have been talking with the Clippers about a deal that would send Eric Bledsoe to Orlando for a package headlined by Arron Afflalo, but Los Angeles prefers to keep Bledsoe for now in hopes of landing a bigger offer, a source said. Afflalo has three years and $23 million left on his contract, but it will be difficult for the Magic to pass on McLemore, a Ray Allen-type shooter with superior athleticism.

Side note...

Given their play with the Magic and youth, Vooch and Harris would be 1 and 2 in this draft. Henny slayed it with those two dudes.

That's all. smile_pulpfiction.gif

• Upvote 4

You are so right Soul Bro. Until proven otherwise I have 100% faith on the research that Henny and his staff do to get us the best draft and trades that are available... and maybe even surprise us all again with something off the wall that turns into another Vuch/Harris/Harkless type result.

You are so right Soul Bro. Until proven otherwise I have 100% faith on the research that Henny and his staff do to get us the best draft and trades that are available... and maybe even surprise us all again with something off the wall that turns into another Vuch/Harris/Harkless type result.

Agreed. I still remember scratching my head when we drafted Andrew Nicolson. He wasn't on anyone's radar and most people said we stretched for him. But as seen thus far, he is one of (if not THE) best player available at that point in the draft.

Henny could call something completely random like Schroeder at #2 and I'd probably trust him at this point. The guy hasn't made a poor personell choice yet.

I found this one interesting.

Hopefully we already made a deal with them to take on Marion to get the #13 pick. Would be a good use of the large Trade exception we are sitting on.

actually what that shows to me, IMO is that the people here who have been banking on getting this pick are probably going to end up angry come draft night, other teams may have something the mavs want

actually what that shows to me, IMO is that the people here who have been banking on getting this pick are probably going to end up angry come draft night, other teams may have something the mavs want

well, you dont make a move like that until you know the players available at 13.

It's just comforting to know that Henny won't be stretching for some washed up over paid free agent ie Tyreek or Monte. It's also amazing that everyone has such a good feeling for a 20 win team.

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for others but I like the fact that we are finally functioning as professional organization that is seriously investing in scouting, player developement and hiring talented minds.

In the past the Magic have had way too many hiring decisions made for personal reasons or ties to the Devos family (i.e. Weisbrod, Otis, Brian Hill) that have bit us in the rear end.

Now they are copying the only successful model out there for small markets in the Spurs. OKC decided to go that route and it paid huge dividends. Alex Martins is a very good business mind but knows he is not a basketball GM was finally allowed to get one that was trained in the best small market organizations out there.

• Upvote 1