Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Problem with Bledsoe is the Clippers could drag this out over the summer. So the Magic need to shore something up so they aren't left hanging.

I agree, and that's the risk. But if there's a gentleman's agreement in place, we'd be good. Not sure if GMs operate like that but I'd think 2 GMs can come in agreement of a package with it hindering on the outcome of another scenario? "We'll trade Bledsoe to you if, and only if, we get Paul's signature. After that ink hits the paper, we'll make the call to league offices and complete our transaction." IDK.

Problem with Bledsoe is the Clippers could drag this out over the summer. So the Magic need to shore something up so they aren't left hanging.

True. I'm not that keen on the idea of Bledsoe...I'm just not sure if he's ready and able to run a team. If I were Henny, I'd take McLemore/Oladipo at #2 and best PG available (Schroeder/MCW) at 13 assuming we're able to move into that slot. If we happen to luck into picks 1,2, or 3 next year take BPA, if not hopefully Smart will fall to us. Either way, worry about PG next year with our second 1st round pick and/or through FA.

Unfortunately this is probably just a rumor.

For one thing we definitely won't know until draft day (not 'may not') since the Mavs cannot trade the pick and would only be able to move the player they draft with the pick.

You will potentially hear more reporters like Ford, Berger..etc discuss it in their pre draft articles though.

One of the fun things about the draft is that the trades can come out of the blue.

One of the lame things is that twitter kind of ruined the fun of it last year.

for whatever it's worth:

If true, I could take it as Magic going SG with #2 and hoping to get one of the top PGs at 13. Or, if Bledsoe rumor is true, we could go defensive big man with 13. Gonna be a fun 4 weeks.

I think we all knew that Rob would be at least calling on Dalllas' pick, but it's good to see it actually happening. Yes going to be a very fun 4 weeks.

After thinking about it more, I don't think the Bledsoe trade is our #1 concern right now. I think hennigan is just trying to gauge the value of our pick and use it as leverage in other potential trades.

In the history of the NBA... has anyone came back as a stronger player after a torn ACL?

I can't recall... honestly... it always has been bad... especially a player like Noel who relies heavily on his athleticism so much.

Noel is defintely a NO to draft @ two...

So now here is the question....

Who should we take? I don't think we will take Ottor Portor... if we are going to build a champ team down the road... Portor is not the kind of guy you want to guard LeBron and Anthony... Harris and Harkless would be a better suitor.

Alex Lien is injured... and he is not worth the number two pick... Vucecic is better than him already...

Cody Zeller is not a power forward... so that is out of the window...

so that leaves us the need for a PG or a SG...

sadly I really think Burke is DJ Augustine...

if we were going to pick a PG out of this draft... MCW is actually ahead of him... but again, he is not worth the number two pick... there is a chance we can grab him out side of the top 10...

so what does that really leave us @ number 2?

Victor and Ben...

alot of ppl on this board likes Ben... but I have to remind you all...

we've had good offensive SG before in V Carter and J Rich... both were good scorers but really bad defenders...

did that work out? ... not at alll... having said that... we should look for defense in Victor instead of Ben....

Worst case for Victor is a better Courtney Lee....

Worst Case for Ben is a JRich..

I'd take defense over JRich any day

In the history of the NBA... has anyone came back as a stronger player after a torn ACL?

I can't recall... honestly... it always has been bad... especially a player like Noel who relies heavily on his athleticism so much.

Noel is defintely a NO to draft @ two...

So now here is the question....

Who should we take? I don't think we will take Ottor Portor... if we are going to build a champ team down the road... Portor is not the kind of guy you want to guard LeBron and Anthony... Harris and Harkless would be a better suitor.

Alex Lien is injured... and he is not worth the number two pick... Vucecic is better than him already...

Cody Zeller is not a power forward... so that is out of the window...

so that leaves us the need for a PG or a SG...

sadly I really think Burke is DJ Augustine...

if we were going to pick a PG out of this draft... MCW is actually ahead of him... but again, he is not worth the number two pick... there is a chance we can grab him out side of the top 10...

so what does that really leave us @ number 2?

Victor and Ben...

alot of ppl on this board likes Ben... but I have to remind you all...

we've had good offensive SG before in V Carter and J Rich before... both were really bad defenders...

did that work out? ... not at alll... having said that... we should look for defense in Victor instead of Ben....

Worst case for Victor is a better Courtney Lee....

Worst Case for Ben is a JRich..

I'd take defense over JRich any day

Plenty of NBA players have torn their ACL's and recovered. Jamaal Crawford, Kyle Lowry (in college), Al Harrington, Al Jefferson etc.

Plenty of NBA players have torn their ACL's and recovered. Jamaal Crawford, Kyle Lowry (in college), Al Harrington, Al Jefferson etc.

recovered as back to before or as a different player?

Al Harrington before the injury was pretty athletic... now he is one dimensional

Jefferson is a skilled big man who doesn't rely on his jumping ability

if Crawford had one... he might be the only one that came back well....

the point I was trying to make is... not a whole lot of ppl can come back from that... maybe 1 out of every 10...

Noel isn't crafty at all, he needs his legs to defend and dunk... we should not take him even if he falls into our lap

Steve Kerr won 5 championships :creaturedance:

Despite the lack of star power, as many as six international players could go in the first round. Here is a look at the field:

Dario Saric, SF, Croatia (No. 13 in SI.com's latest Mock Draft): While draft boards across the league will fluctuate wildly over the next few weeks, many agree on this: Saric is the most talented international import. An Eastern Conference executive described Saric as "skilled beyond his years"; a Western Conference talent evaluator said Saric is "the best passing big man in the draft"; and several personnel men cited his diverse offensive repertoire as proof that the 19-year-old Saric will be able to play right away.

Perhaps more important, Saric has the drive to get better. "He's a workaholic," a scout said. "He lives in the gym. With his basketball IQ, you're talking about a kid with All-Star potential."

Dennis Schroeder, PG, Germany (No. 14): An often-cited comparison is flattering: Boston's Rajon Rondo. "He's got those long arms and dynamic skills," a West executive said of the 6-2, 165-pound Schroeder, a quick 19-year-old. Schroeder burst onto NBA radars with a stellar performance at the 2013 Nike Hoops Summit, and he's impressed teams with his playmaking instincts. Schroeder excels in the pick-and-roll and confidently directs an offense.

"He's so poised," an international scout said. "The way he weaves in and out of the paint, the way he creates, he is a high-level talent."

Executives who have researched Schroeder have expressed concern about his attitude and maturity, but one West official said "it's nothing that would make me pass him up."

http://sportsillustr...wr_a1&eref=sihp