Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

The Orlando Magic are considering Trey Burke with the No. 2 overall pick, but sources say they are not sold on him with that high of a pick and could instead target Eric Bledsoe via tarde.

The Magic would be willing to trade Arron Afflalo for Bledsoe and the expiring contract of Caron Butler.

Afflalo would give the Los Angeles Clippers a more traditional shooting guard to pair with Paul in the backcourt.

With the No. 2 pick, the Magic could then target Victor Oladipo or Ben McLemore.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227889/Magic-Interested-In-Trading-For-Eric-Bledsoe

I'd be thrilled.

I like Oil over Mac.

I'm not convinced Bledsoe is anyone's PG of the future, but I would absolutely take him for Afflalo.

My dream scenario (which grows daily) is now: BMac or Oladipo at #2, Afflalo for Bledsoe, and expirings + TPE for the Dallas pick and whatever they dump on us.

We might even be able to trade Baby for something, but again this is would be insane.

Rather have Burke than Bledsoe to be honest. Burke is a legitimate PG who's an average athlete. Bledsoe is a great athlete but a below average PG.

Although I'd love to send Afflalo to the Clippers and then deal Bledsoe to another team for more assets in a 3 way (Or more) deal.

... That is the whole point of percentages. If I make 99/100 free throws and you make 990/1000, are you a better shooter than me just because you shot more?

Yes I am.

If I shot that much more than you at that high a %, simple game reps and experience would already make me a better shooter.

If the Magic draft Oladipo, I am fine with it. Honestly. I just love Ben's potential. I saw a lot of Jayhwak games this year as well and I was very intrigued by him early in the season.

Oladipo had some incredible games, and then others where he disappeared. Just like Ben. I also do not think he is as good of a shooter, and if he was as good, I believe he would have shot more than 2 3s a game from the college line.

And that is my main thing - the Magic really need a shooter at the 2. If they think Oladipo can become that guy - awesome. We know Ben most likely will be that guy, and that is why I prefer him.

Rather have Burke than Bledsoe to be honest. Burke is a legitimate PG who's an average athlete. Bledsoe is a great athlete but a below average PG.

Although I'd love to send Afflalo to the Clippers and then deal Bledsoe to another team for more assets in a 3 way (Or more) deal.

I'm thinking Russell Westbrook in this scenario. Bledsoe has the higher ceiling b/c of the elite athleticism. Burke could turn into a great point guard, but he'll be a liability on defense, and in a league continually dominated by rising PG scorers, we can't have that. I'm really excited either way.

Let's not go overboard here. Oladipo made a grand total of 30 3 pointers this season, McLemore made over double that. Oladipo isn't terrible but he's not a legitimate 3 point threat in the NBA at the moment.

This is all I am saying. We know Ben's shooting should translate to the NBA level rather well. His stroke is technically perfect.

Steve Kyler shot down that Bledsoe trade report.... So now we all know its going down haha

On one hand you have kyler. On the other you have chad ford. And you side with kyler??????

How in the world could anyone possible make the "draft for need/fits the system" argument for a 20 win team with no cornerstone players? Our current system is to lose games, and to lose them often. Hennigan's drafting the #1 player on the board, regardless of position.

And it's interesting that the Clippers would dangle Bledsoe like that (assuming it's true) when Chris Paul's future with them is up in the air.

I think Paul is a lock to resign. He is not turning down 117 million.

Well that depends on how you evaluate talent. The Hawks and Bobcats do a piss poor job of evaluating players. Adam Morrison, DJ Augustine, some French guy, Marvin Williams, Sheldon Williams, I could go on and on.

As far as what you are asking the best example is the Thunder. They took Jeff Green and Kevin Durant who were both 3s. They also took Harden right after Westbrook when no one really knew Westbrook would turn out to be this good of a point guard.

First paragraph... true.

Second paragraph... a little sided. It was Seattle that drafted Durant, after gutting the Lewis/Allen squad... so they literally had nothing to work with after those two guys left. Technically every position was a need for them.

My point is, everything comes into play besides talent and what a persons ceiling is. When the front office is looking at these guys, they are going to go over a list of criteria that they are looking for. Is the guy aggressive, how does he handle pressure, what about his general attitude, how we he deal with large sums of cash?, etc.

To say you just keep drafting talent and worry about everything else later is not smart and suggests that you didnt have a plan to being with.

Its all about the 6 - P's : (correction 7... Marines like to add expletives or try.Thnx Drain)

• Prior
  • Proper
  • Planning
  • Prevents
  • Piss
  • Poor
  • Performance

Rob has a plan for this team to become competitive in the next few years, like 3 to 4... not 5 to 6. To achieve this time frame you have to be smart with your shots and execute the right moves.

Personally, I dont have any favorites.... Marcus Smart went back to college. So I dont have anything for or against any player except for what I seen and what I read or watch (interview clips, etc). I hope that who ever we draft stays long term and becomes that part of the championship puzzle. It can be Victor, Ben, Burke... heck.... Shabazz for all I care.

I just want Orlando to be a winning franchise again and get back to talking about real basketball, in terms of matchups instead of talking about how to build another team.

With that said, im also a person who likes to try and guess what we will do. And my best guest is that we draft Burke. Maybe we should all take a shot and make a list of our projected pick and see who is right when it goes down. That would be alot of fun to see who's predictions were either spot on, or just completely missed.

I counted 7 Ps and as far as the draft I think we take McClemore.

Also this team is basically building from the ground up. There is not a single guy I would label as a franchise type player that I would be sad to see go.