Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Wasn't aware that Harris really played defense.

I watched every game and record every game. Yes, harris played very well on defense. He showed the ability to guard both pf and sf. This is one of the reasons Andrew lost time on the court. As a team, we did not play good def after baby went down, but harris did good keeping sfs in front of him, holding is ground vs most pfs, rotating on the back side of the def (and talking on rotations), he played with good energy, and he grabbed defensive boards.

He did not play well at Center; during those crazy stretches we had limited players. He sometimes got too aggressive on def and got in foul trouble at times. But overall, harris did welll on defense.

Our defensive issues also were a refection of our poor offense. Missed shots and turnovers lead to easy baskets and mismatches on def. JV's defense allow switches way too much. This causes defensive mismatches; big man on small player.

I watched every game and record every game. Yes, harris played very well on defense. He showed the ability to guard both pf and sf. This is one of the reasons Andrew lost time on the court. As a team, we did not play good def after baby went down, but harris did good keeping sfs in front of him, holding is ground vs most pfs, rotating on the back side of the def (and talking on rotations), he played with good energy, and he grabbed defensive boards.

He did not play well at Center; during those crazy stretches we had limited players. He sometimes got too aggressive on def and got in foul trouble at times. But overall, harris did welll on defense.

Our defensive issues also were a refection of our poor offense. Missed shots and turnovers lead to easy baskets and mismatches on def. JV's defense allow switches way too much. This causes defensive mismatches; big man on small player.

I watched all of the games as well. I didn't need an explanation. Harris played decent defensively, at best.

Wasn't aware that Harris really played defense.

What games were you watching? From what I saw Harris showed a lot of potential defensively and was probably the second best individual defender on our team next to Harkless. (I know, not saying a ton there)

Gotta remember Harris was essentially a rookie. I just don't think it's completely fair to say he didn't play defense.

What games were you watching? From what I saw Harris showed a lot of potential defensively and was probably the second best individual defender on our team next to Harkless. (I know, not saying a ton there)

Gotta remember Harris was essentially a rookie. I just don't think it's completely fair to say he didn't play defense.

What does being "essentially a rookie" have to do with playing decent defense? I never said or alluded to Harris not being a solid defender down the road. I thought he showed flashes of playing solid defense at SF for a couple of possessions, then he'd blown an assignment the next. I totally get he's seen limited floor time (mostly mop-up duty) up until this season. He'll come along.

I felt Harris played pretty good defense on most SFs, but would sometimes get abused by bigger and tougher PFs. He seems to be in the weight room a lot this summer so far (looking thru his twitter) as do many of our young guys, so hopefully that will start to pay off.

To bring this back on track with the draft, I feel Anthony Bennett just doesn't fit on this team with our plethora of forwards. Plus I don't think he's entirely worthy of being picked #2.

Harris didn't really apply himself on defense last year. Given his youth he could still improve but I think it's a far better bet that he'll become a good offensive player while being relatively mediocre on defense.

uhm okay? I said their offensive games are very similar. Both are explosive, have range, good handles and IMO very underrated athletically. I'm not necessarily saying draft him, but I think he would complement very well with some other star draft player. Say we draft him and our lineup looks like Bennett, Vuc, and Harris, + Harkless and Nelson. That's a lot of spacing because all those guys can shoot. Harris and Bennett can do multiple things on offense. And defensively I like it too, because you know Bennett is going to be a 4. You can play Harkless and Harris because both are very athletic and have the potential to guard either 2 or 3, whatever the matchup dictates. His new draftexpress video is out and I like it very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmWXFy5amI

on a side note: Whenever we discuss players you always say something absolute, like your statement "Bennett is basically Paul Millsap w/o a motor." Like, what exactly does that mean? and why is that relevant? You're comparing a veteran player to a 20yr old and I just don't see the connection. If you mean specifically his defense, then yea it's something he needs to work on (mostly just effort). If it's rebounding, i'm indifferent since we have Vuc to gobble up most boards, and Harris who is a pretty good rebounder for his position. Bennett is a very good offensive rebounder which complements nicely.

Harris is a career 30% shooter from three to this point, so no he doesn't have range yet. There's absolutely nothing to like about Bennett defensively since he's terrible at it. And Bennett is similar to Paul Millsap because he's projected as a skilled, rebounding but very undersized 4 in the NBA who will struggle on defense. Those type of players are almost never successful unless they work extremely hard and/or are tough as nails, two characteristics that Bennett does not have.

No offense, but this is a joke right? Oh and...

1. McLemore

2. Oladipo

3. Noel

4. Burke

5a. McCollum

5b. Schroeder

No it's not I think Shabazz went to a terrible school who didn't do anything to help him. The UCLA program is a disaster and the coach is too.

I've liked Bennett for a long time I see some Larry Johnson in him. Does he ever get to that type of potential only time will tell.

I'm a Michigan guy!! I think Burke can be great I've watched him closely for a few years. He's going to be good