Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Heat seem willing to give up Haslem...

No way they trade Haslem for Los. That is WAY overvaluing Los. Haslem is a starting pf for a championship caliber team.... Los has been our back-up, like it or not. I think it would take some combo of Hedo and Los to land Haslem.

Man, I would LOVE to have a guy like Haslem. There's no way in hell that Riley makes that trade. Not with us.

He made us give up a draft pick and money to get a coach he "retired." When it comes to us, Riley's all about piling on the misery...

haslem, doleac for turk, arroyo works. then theyd be alittle shy in the frontcourt(4 deep but two are old and fragile), but they do get shooting, which they and moreso dwayne needs, and their vet pg. we get out future pf to play next to dwight and an expiring contract to pretty much replace arroyos expiring contract. i would do this trade in a heartbeat despite losing turk

trade Arroyo and Bogans (plus maybe whatever else we have lying around) and try as hard as we can to get BOTH Haslem AND Doleac. Haslem because he'd just be a terrific fit for us and could provide not only quality minutes but bring energy as well. And Doleac because, well, let's face it, sometimes you just need a body who's not afraid to go foul out and maybe rough opposing players up.....Not to mention he might actually provide some use as a big.....

I just thought of a way this might work. If Miami uses their vet minimum to sign a player like, oh I don't know, Eddie Jones. Then we use our vet minimum to sign PJ Brown.

We deal them PJ/Turk/Arroyo for Haslem & a draft pick (???).

They get a PF that can fill the void left by Haslem. They also basically get to use two vet minimum contracts. On top of that, they get Turk & Arroyo that can fill important roster spots for them.

We get Haslem & future considerations.

How would either team turn down this deal?

This is the kind of **** Otis needs to think of and explore.

I am one that is a little curious on why we gave lewis so much EXTRA money but I still think as long as we add a good pf(haslem would be very nice) otis still has some basketball smarts. i mean he started out really well with the darko trade and the ariza trade. give him a chance. he was blind to not firing b. hill. i believe i read somewhere that he was trying to do a sign and trade in order to KEEP darko but was unsuccessful. dont give up on him just yet. i like arroyo for haslem and i would give up a 2nd rd. he has suprised us at time bad but there also has been good.

We gave Lewis extra money to make sure his last visit was Orlando. And even with that, teams were promising him the 6th year until the day he signed.

We're not getting no Haslem. Dudes made us cough up draft picks to hire their out of work coach. I can't imagine what they'd want for an actual quality player. He does fit the need though.

someone who fits the need as well, depending on what starting lineup we use, is doleac. here's a guy who has been around (with us) for a while but he's still got plenty left to contribute.

he's not starter material,but if you put Nelson, JJ, Shard, Ariza, Howard out on the floor, you've got 2 decent veteran backup Bigs in Doleac and Battie that shouldn't cost the team too much while at the same time could still play some good minutes off the bench while we get Gortat/Auggie/Fran more time to work on their game.

i can see trading arroyo/garrity/rights to fran (any combination) for Doleac and maybe a 3rd rd pick or just cash. what do ya'll think?

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

someone who fits the need as well, depending on what starting lineup we use, is doleac. here's a guy who has been around (with us) for a while but he's still got plenty left to contribute.

he's not starter material,but if you put Nelson, JJ, Shard, Ariza, Howard out on the floor, you've got 2 decent veteran backup Bigs in Doleac and Battie that shouldn't cost the team too much while at the same time could still play some good minutes off the bench while we get Gortat/Auggie/Fran more time to work on their game.

i can see trading arroyo/garrity/rights to fran (any combination) for Doleac and maybe a 3rd rd pick or just cash. what do ya'll think?

There isn't 3 rounds in the draft anymore, and I dont think Doleac is better than Fran.

I just don't think Miami will help us at all. Haslem would be huge for us. Arroyo or Turk would not be as big for them.

Pat Riley rather give him up to a team in the West and receive crap than give him to SVG..