Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 Playoffs Thread: Round 1 Game 6 Cavs vs Magic 05/03 7PM ET

Never been more delighted to be wrong on my initial feelings of the game. 

Everyone came to play. Franz, Paolo, Jalen were all awesome. Wendell I thought was terrific. Cole made some big plays. 

It felt like when Mobley got hurt the Cavs (Mitchell) upped their urgency because they're unsure if they'll have Mobley or Allen in game 7 so to stave off their (Mitchell's) push and pull this one out felt big. 

What a gutsy win. Whatever happens in game 7 I'm proud of this team. 

Side note: has anyone's stock improved more by missing a game than Gary Harris? Without whom we had literally no idea what to do to slow down Donovan Mitchell. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Everyone came to play. Franz, Paolo, Jalen were all awesome. Wendell I thought was terrific. Cole made some big plays. 

It felt like when Mobley got hurt the Cavs (Mitchell) upped their urgency because they're unsure if they'll have Mobley or Allen in game 7 so to stave off their (Mitchell's) push and pull this one out felt big. 

What a gutsy win. Whatever happens in game 7 I'm proud of this team. 

Side note: has anyone's stock improved more by missing a game than Gary Harris? Without whom we had literally no idea what to do to slow down Donovan Mitchell. 

AB is the answer to that for slowing him like Gary... but when DM is on..he is ON!

Anyway... Win sunday...

Play celtics if they are without Porzingis we are gonna beat them... 

I am wondering how much Mitchel will have in him with the short turnaround on Sunday. His knee was killing him the last game. Hopefully for us he doesn’t have any more bullets in his gun. 

Mitchell is trying to pull off an Isaiah Thomas (former Piston) where Zeke played through a  playoffs badly limping. But Mitchell's training staff might inject him with something that will have him flying like superman in game 7.  

29 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Mitchell is trying to pull off an Isaiah Thomas (former Piston) where Zeke played through a  playoffs badly limping. But Mitchell's training staff might inject him with something that will have him flying like superman in game 7.  

Yeah, there’s gonna be gamesmanship with injury reports, but a 36 hour turnaround is gonna be rough on him and Mobley. I don’t think there’s any way they miss a game 7, but they could both be hobbled. I expect Allen back for them too, and I hope we get Gary back.

Just now, zollman said:

What happened to Mobley again, I missed it

Twisted his ankle in the 2nd quarter. Landed on it funny going up for a rebound. He played most of the 2nd half, but he was definitely not 100%

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Good call TMF on Isaiah. I am not a fan of his but he sure was a warrior.  Our guy Steph passed him as the best small guard ever imo.  

Honestly forgot about this site until last night...haha but I feel like the Magic have played really well after that first two games. Proud to see them push it to 7. If they can win...I actually really do like their chances against the Celtics. I think they match up well with them, even when they're healthy. 

A key factor in game 7 on Sunday will be the officiating. I know that All Eyes On Me knows what I am talking about. Lol. With that said, I wonder who the officiating crew will be for the game. Will the Cavs get some home cooking? Especially after shooting very few ft's in game 6. Something else to ponder is that I am sure the NBA would love to have a Boston Celtics vs New York Knicks ECF's. And I believe that the Magic would be the bigger threat to knocking Boston out of it than the Cavs would with their incredible defense. They may want to serve up a banged-up Cavs team to the Celtics on a golden platter to help assure the Celtics/Knicks matchup. In my humble opinion I believe that a Magic/Celtics series would go at least 6 games if not 7. Whereas I see Boston sweeping the Cavs, or 5 games max. May need to blow them out in game 7 to prevent anything goofy happening with the refs.

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yeah, I'm delighted too, and even more cause we stopped DM big night, but even if I'm as happy as possible as a Magic fan in the recent past, let's not hide the fact that we won DESPITE some terribile coach choices (kudos to all the guys for the way they're facing the playoff athmosphere) and a little injury luck (Allen with problems, Mitchell with problems even in a big night, LeVert playing only 7 minutes) With Allen already out, for them it was a big asking, their rotation was terrible and it showed big time with only the two guards being able to provide points.

Let's go up a notch and steal a game away.