Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Congrats to mose and staff, I have to know them better. Young guy,italian and phil handy lookalike of ours.

new magic team in the playoffs, past d12 and AG’s.

the last time we faced the cavs in the playoffs, we smoked them and the king.

1 minute ago, Forumreader said:

Congrats to mose and staff, I have to know them better. Young guy,italian and phil handy lookalike of ours.

new magic team in the playoffs, past d12 and AG’s.

the last time we faced the cavs in the playoffs, we smoked them and the king.

I was at that game back in May of 2009 when we eliminated LBJ and the Cavs to advance to the NBA Finals against Kobe and the Lakers! You literally could not hear anyone sitting next to you even when yelling it was so loud in there.

9 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Or would you throw more size out there since they are big? 

we could go huge and go 

Suggs 

issac 

Franz 

Paolo 

Wendell. 

putting JI on Mitchell would be wild, but potentially very effective. 

I think you play Suggs on Mitchell, Harris on Garland, Franz on Strus, Paolo on Mobley and JI on Allen. 

The reason you play JI on Allen is because Allen has no post game so you can switch a Mitchell/Allen pick and roll then so long as you can box Allen out you take him out of the game on offense. 

It could also work with Franz on Allen. See this video for in depth breakdown of what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/Y-Eq5WvTq30?si=erY2blSPnJKO7vCu

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I am actually in tears hahahhaha

lets *****ing go!!!!

Hey Jay. when you get a hold of some pictures/video from today's game, would you please post them in the thread I just started congratulating the Magic for making the playoffs.

Thanks. f9T7Oh.png

• Like 1

I do like the matchup vs the Cavs. But one issue here. The Cavs can really protect the paint when healthy. And we live at the rim.  We did so today too! 

We have to seriously get shots up and we need reliable shooting from Harris, Cole, Franz and Paolo. Isaac and WCJ can stretch it out some too. We have to drive and kick. 

If those players manage to shoot at 36 percent, we win the series! 

I wonder if Mosley changes the rotation some. Imo there is no benefit from playing Ingles in the playoffs. Cabs might be a matchup where we can get away with that, as Niang is a possible crossmatch.

(actually watching these two bad athletes battle it out would be kinda funny in a playoff environment) 

Let’s see how we prepare for the playoffs. We need to have a professional week, keep intensity high, have great nutrition and sleep. No nonsense right now. 

Every time the Magic had days off, we came back very flat. We need to figure out why and change it

I’m curious to see how much Mose tightens up the rotation. Think it’ll be 9, but could even go down to 8. I think we keep the same starting 5 as today, then have a bench of Cole, Ingles, Carter and Moe. This would mean that Fultz probably doesn’t get burn and after how he looked today I’m ok with that.

• Upvote 1

What a difference having an healthy Isaac with no minutes restriction could make to us.

Great way to enter playoffs in a good noteand mindset. And Cleveland is not the worst matchup we could find, they were red hot in february, not anymore. A shame we were unable to retain home court adv against them.

JI  D IS PURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW GOOD THIS TEAM COULD BE / WILL BE IF UNFORCED TURNOVERS ARE REDUCED.....UHM?

It looks like we play on Saturday. No time has been set, but I'd guess 8 since the other game that day is Suns-Wolves. 

Just came back to say one more time how proud I am of this team. I’ve been on this forum since 2006, and our current roster has such exciting youth with upside. The experience in the playoffs will be invaluable for them. So cool for them to experience and for us to cheer on. Go Magic!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Cavs were 12-17 post all-star break… Magic were 17-10. Is this anything?

Their chemistry has been bad since they got healthy. We have a chance in this one.