Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Again we completely stop moving the ball in any kind of pressure situation. 

Yeah we get pretty predictable, with predictable results.

The guard play was horrible tonight. They caused the Pels to get back in the game. Thanks to Paolo and Franz for having one of their best performances of the season.

12 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

The guard play was horrible tonight. They caused the Pels to get back in the game. Thanks to Paolo and Franz for having one of their best performances of the season.

Our guys played good physical basketball tonight and took a game that the Pels really needed to win at home. If we pick up a good starting PG and move Suggs to SG we are looking amazing for next season. 

7 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Our guys played good physical basketball tonight and took a game that the Pels really needed to win at home. If we pick up a good starting PG and move Suggs to SG we are looking amazing for next season. 

True. We need that lead guard. If we can get Suggs to give us what Gary Harris gave the Nuggets in his third and fourth season (pre-injury) on offense to match his elite defense, it could do wonders for this squad. But we need to move on from Cole, Harris and Fultz, though.

1 hour ago, Shine88 said:

True. We need that lead guard. If we can get Suggs to give us what Gary Harris gave the Nuggets in his third and fourth season (pre-injury) on offense to match his elite defense, it could do wonders for this squad. But we need to move on from Cole, Harris and Fultz, though.

For what it’s worth, Cole and Fultz both had a positive plus minus.

My takeaway is this was a good get-right game for Paolo on offense which I think has a cascading effect on the rest of the unit. First quarter notwithstanding we showed we were the better team, even despite letting them back in a bit at the end. Ingram was out sure, but they were still in must win mode so I think that is encouraging.

Glad to see my Pacers jinx worked! Also, Cavs lose to Phoenix, and the Bucks drop back to back to Washington and Memphis. Unreal. We’re only 2 games out of the 2 seed, and as we’ve mentioned a bunch, we get Milwaukee twice to end the season

what a great day for us!! Good effeort and we mostly played the right way. Towards the end, we repeat our mistakes. I hope we can learn and not do them! 

I hope Franz is out of his slump. Important shooting from him today

That's a huge win. Its obvious coaching has emphasized attacking the rim to Paolo instead of settling for jumpers and that clearly paid off getting to the line etc and the space opened up for the jumpers later. He didn't deal with being double teamed well but he'll learn. 

Nice to see Franz hit some 3s. They were big too. 

Thought WCJ was great. 

Suggs really gets under opposing teams skins and it's hilarious. 

Cavs and Pacers losing is tremendous for us. 

Also, I have CJ McCollum on my team in the (very close) final of the fantasy league so that's an extra win for me.