Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

My son and I had a good time despite the result.  Atmosphere of going to a major league event is always special.  

I didn’t want to ruin your experience. Happy for you and your son! 

Watching it from TV it was really terrible, even when we had that 15 point lead. The lead was because the Pacers weren’t locked in, we dodged multiple bullets with them bricking wide open. At the same tim we lacked energy and played sloppy. We should have been up at least 25+ points right there. 

As i said, if we don’t ramp it up at halftime, we’ll loose. And that’s what happened

• Upvote 1

Great L at the right time. Just shows we aren’t there. This team seems to believe it can win without playing hard. We ain’t good like that. The Celtics and the elite teams can do that. 

We proved we can win against anybody but more importantly also loose against anybody. 

Both losses this weekend were bad, you can’t loose these if you are a true no. 4 seed.  

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Silver linings time. Despite a bad weekend and a 2 game losing streak where we didn't do ourselves any favors we’re:

Still in 5th

Only 1/2 game out of 4th

Get a break in the schedule to practice, rest and get Suggs healthy

Still own the tiebreakers with New York and Indiana

We didn’t capitalize this weekend, but luckily it didn’t hurt us as bad as it could have 

Yea we got really lucky that the Knicks, Cavs and Heat all lost last night. 

I'm glad this team can beat the teams it should beat but it's frustrating when we **** the bed against our direct competitors. 

I think games like the last two are a real reminder that we're so far away from being a complete team. 

A 36 year old Joe Ingles shouldn't be the first guy off the bench for any team in the league. He can barely move on defense and for someone who's a great passer he turns the ball over a lot. Even if he is still the best shooter on the team by a mile.

Playing good teams really opens up that there are some deep, foundational, flaws with the way this team is built that will require either some impressive player development or some tough decisions in trades if we want to ultimately win a championship. (And I'm not even just talking about the lack of shooting)

Wendell and JI were awesome in the loss though.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm glad this team can beat the teams it should beat but it's frustrating when we **** the bed against our direct competitors. 

I think games like the last two are a real reminder that we're so far away from being a complete team. 

A 36 year old Joe Ingles shouldn't be the first guy off the bench for any team in the league. He can barely move on defense and for someone who's a great passer he turns the ball over a lot. Even if he is still the best shooter on the team by a mile.

Playing good teams really opens up that there are some deep, foundational, flaws with the way this team is built that will require either some impressive player development or some tough decisions in trades if we want to ultimately win a championship. (And I'm not even just talking about the lack of shooting)

Wendell and JI were awesome in the loss though.

Agree with everything, except to quibble with your last sentence. Wendell Carter was 5 for 13 shooting, including zero for five from three-point range.  So while he may have stood out in some areas, I would not call his game “awesome” overall.  

HAS PAOLO POTENTIAL TOPPED ALREADY?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

lol… stop it

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Albert my man.. please behave 

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

He’s just scratching the surface which is pretty scary. I’m glad we drafted him and look forward to what he adds to his game in the offseason. Hopefully he works on his FT and 3pt shooting.  

I'm actually more worried by the 28% from 3 by Franz. Initially could have been considered a slump, but now is dragging on a little too much.

As for the game, not going to beat the same death horse, evident problem is always the same and we've to live with it.

3 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm actually more worried by the 28% from 3 by Franz. Initially could have been considered a slump, but now is dragging on a little too much.

As for the game, not going to beat the same death horse, evident problem is always the same and we've to live with it.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Franz. Not only his 3 ball, which is a measly 15.4% in our last 10, but he’s also only shooting 75% from the line in that same timespan. I think it’s fatigue. I’ve said it before, I know how important playing for his country is for him, but I’d love to see him take the summers off and commit fully to his real job, which includes taking the time off and taking care of his body in the off-season.

• Upvote 1

There are nba players that are good at driving hard into the paint, bullying their way to the basket for a layup and are successful. Giannis and LeBron are good at it.

JJZL and someone else on this board have said it before how Paolo and Franz have tried it so many times, driving to the basket with a crowd of players on the other team surrounding them under the basket, and most of the time preventing them from scoring.

Other teams look at our tapes and know how to defend us because they know that we are not good at 3pt. shooting, rely too much on Franz and Paolo to do the scoring, and most of it comes from inside the paint. We need to run and stop walking the ball up the court allowing the other team to get in defensive position; also, we need to move the ball more to find an open man, instead of 4 players standing around watching 1. 

• Upvote 2