Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

12 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Its all a learning curve. Our players have very high IQs so i expect them to figure things out pretty quickly 

We also commit a big big number of turnovers for a team with such a high IQ....

I agree that will be a really important learning curve. We still have to enter playoffs so it's possibly too early to discuss that, but our best quality has been defense, and will be hard to improve that a lot in playoffs. Other teams will tighten defense more, and like already commented by other members, our lack of spacing will be even more exposed. We'll need to control turnovers a lot more than we're doing now. Whatever will be the opponent, I predict a difficult time for us. We'll learn for sure, and hopefully management will learn too. I've still the sensation that in the future, we'll remember the deadline 2024 as a missed opportunity.

On 3/9/2024 at 9:45 AM, Soul Bro said:

Someone likely already posted this but last night's game shows the kind of impact Suggs makes on our team. We're a different animal with him out.

Suggs is our defensive leader. When he's on the floor he sets the tone for the entire squad. Even when he couldn't shoot well he was still very important. Now that he can, he is a crucial part of our core and our identity.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Knicks were missing 3 of their 4 best players. 

true    but if the heat win and we lose they are right on our tail again.. kind of a need to win

(not  a MUST win, lol )

Second unit not great but so far decent start.  Lucky for us Indiana missing a ton of shots early

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Second unit not great but so far decent start.  Lucky for us Indiana missing a ton of shots early

it’s not sustainable imo.. We need to score better and extend that lead.. 

8 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Crazy how we can never ever defend OConnell

Is he the one who keeps driving past our players in the paint and makes a layup--like Giannis does?