Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

42 minutes ago, Jtsaints said:

Is there any certain position or super star players u would like us to go after?

He's untouchable, but in a perfect world Tyrese Maxey would be a great fit with us.

Immanuel Quickley is a great shout by CT.

Lillard would have been fun but I'd rather get someone without destroying our core. Same with Markkanen. He'd be a fun thought exercise and another tall dude, but they'd ask for an arm and a leg.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jtsaints said:

Is there any certain position or super star players u would like us to go after?

PG is the logical upgrade spot but idk if there is anyone that really fits the bill. I said before I think Darius Garland is the ideal type of player but he won’t be available. A Mike Conley type would be interesting too 

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He's untouchable, but in a perfect world Tyrese Maxey would be a great fit with us.

Immanuel Quickley is a great shout by CT.

Lillard would have been fun but I'd rather get someone without destroying our core. Same with Markkanen. He'd be a fun thought exercise and another tall dude, but they'd ask for an arm and a leg.

The perfect player for us would be Tyrese Haliburton, he’s hands down the best PG in the NBA right now. He sees the court like nobody else does while hardly turning the ball over and can score from all 3 levels. However like the other Tyrese he’s untouchable. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jtsaints said:

Star players/Starters

A. Simons

OG Anonuby

Zach Lavine

Zion Williamson

Bench players

Kispert

S. Bey

Those are the players i’d be interested in. I put them in my order and it also depends on what a asking price would be. 

Id take Zion for example if it would be a low buying price. 
Simons is my ideal fit but i don’t think he’d be available. 

OG is on top of my realistic targets. It depends on the package, but i think this team would make a major jump with him. I’d start Fultz, Franz, OG, Paolo, WCJ. It would take so much defensive pressure of either Paolo or Franz, depending the matchups. 
Suggs would lead the bench unit and terrorize bench units alongside Isaac. Suggs also gets minutes with the starters during rotations. 

As bench players i like Kispert or Bey a lot for us. Especially Kispert would be nice. 

If we get OG and Kispert with replacing G. Harris, Ingles, Howard, Okeke,  2 first and as many 2nds as needed, that’s my perfect squad to continue to grow and pay over the tax. (I also feel like next summer is the only possibility to go over the tax with the extensions.)

PG: Fultz, Cole, AB

SG: F. Wagner, Suggs, K. Harris

SF: OG Anonuby, Kispert, Houstan

PF: Banchero, Isaac, …

C: WCJ, M. Wagner, Bitadze

1 hour ago, Jtsaints said:

Paul George in free agency

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jtsaints said:

No I'm pretty happy with this roster. I don't want to blow it up for a "star". Our best players play 2/3/4. WCJ/Goga/Mo have C locked down. 

If we were to upgrade a position it'd be PG and there's no PG out there that both makes sense for us and is actually gettable. 

The exception might be Immanuel Quickley. But I think there's real pros and cons to even that move. 

Pros

Good defender, good shooter, low turnover. Arguably the perfect archetype at PG for this team. 

He's only 24 so can be part of the core for his entire stay here. Not like adding a 30+ year old who'll be past his prime when our guys are in their prime.

Cons

Cost. He's going to cost a lot of money. Can we fit that into our long term salary with the max contracts of Franz and Paolo and extension of Suggs upcoming? And there's a chance he's available in a trade (probably a trade where the Knicks get a star and we give the third team a first or something if it happened) so we'd have to give up assets for him too. Do we value him enough to pay all that salary, risk going into the tax down the line AND give up assets? 

Team chemistry. Would adding an outsider on a big salary upset the vibes? How would Cole feel coming off the bench AND getting paid less on a team with a guy he got picked before in the same draft? 

If the plan is for Anthony Black to play PG for this team long term, does it make sense? I suppose you get a short term upgrade and if AB is ready two or three years from now you can trade Quickley but I think it's still worth considering how much of a pathway to being the long term starter you want to give AB Vs making him earn every minute. 

I agree CT    And if the plan is to have a short term PG while AB matures, we already have that in Fultz.    My only concern right now is how the chemistry changes when he and wendell are reintegrated.    These 2 Boston games loom large    We have a good chance of getting a split, if not win both.    Boston is on the second of a back to back on the first game.

4 hours ago, Jtsaints said:

They have Scoot Henderson coming off the bench …you gotta think that’s not gonna be like that forever …Since Simon’s came back Shaedon has been on an absolute tear …shooting in the mid 40’s from 3 …they have 3 dynamic guards …you gotta think at some point one of them is gonna be the odd man out …Simons has been playing PG and absolutely on fire …averaging 32 and 5 dimes …hasn’t missed a FT and 44 percent from 3 …just sayin ‘ …

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

They have Scoot Henderson coming off the bench …you gotta think that’s not gonna be like that forever …Since Simon’s came back Shaedon has been on an absolute tear …shooting in the mid 40’s from 3 …they have 3 dynamic guards …you gotta think at some point one of them is gonna be the odd man out …Simons has been playing PG and absolutely on fire …averaging 32 and 5 dimes …hasn’t missed a FT and 44 percent from 3 …just sayin ‘ …

Of all the realistic trade options he probably is the best fit Junkie. I believe you posted something about a trade centered around Carter Jr. Definitely  a team to monitor with Simmons also being from this area. Brogdon is another option on that team possibly. 

33 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Of all the realistic trade options he probably is the best fit Junkie. I believe you posted something about a trade centered around Carter Jr. Definitely  a team to monitor with Simmons also being from this area. Brogdon is another option on that team possibly. 

Simons trade is absolutely not realistic. like at all..they gonna keep all three of those players and Sharpe can also play SF if they need him to..