Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

13 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

AB was not mentioned in Pelton or Marks rookie rankings top 10 this week …Cason Wallace was 5 in one and 6 in another …draft is over but just passing info 

That's cool, who was number 1? 

58 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

AB was not mentioned in Pelton or Marks rookie rankings top 10 this week …Cason Wallace was 5 in one and 6 in another …draft is over but just passing info 

Mark’s talks about him at the end. 

“Black didn't play in two Orlando games and played only eight minutes in the Magic's first four games. Since Nov. 1, he has started two games (both wins), averaging 7.8 points and 3 assists while committing only four turnovers in 132 minutes.” 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

All due respect i couldn't care less about rankings. Makes decent conversation when times are scarce but yh... 

What a game last night. I watched it this morning, like I use to do, because of the time zones. I knew it wasn't gonna be a overtime just because the progress bar of the video in the League Pass didn't look longer as a regular game. But when Lavine made the last 3 i thought we could win, but also we could just lose the ball at the last posession and lose the game.

And I think that's actually really concerning, because once again we had a pretty comfortable lead and we gave it away in the 2nd half -and especially in the clutch. Thank god for Paolo and his second game winner.

And if Jamal Mosley can't see what E V E R Y B O D Y see after 11 games, we are going to repeat the same story in the future. I mean, at this point is obvious that our offense get stuck over and over when we have no space. Paolo and Franz have to go against 4 guys because we have no trustable shooting out there. Sometimes in the iso game, nobody freaking move, for god's sake. But things could be different if Mosley could try different things, like bench Suggs or AB and bring to the floor people who can actually make buckets. At the last play, Lavine didn't go 2 for 1 right away against Paolo, because otherwise Joe Ingles was going to be open for the three. And THAT gave Paolo space to go to the paint. Jalen Suggs, on the other side, was WIDE OPEN, because he can't shoot the ball. We should use that more often, we have enough shooters to do that, just put shooters around FW and PB. Remember, we need to put the ball in the basket in order to win games. And we can not get stuck with terrible offensive rotations every game when things get difficult. I'm happy for the win, but i'm actually concerned that the W hide the problems that we have. Because today's game was just enough to beat the Bulls, but it won't take us too far. 

Please Markelle be healthy again. GO Magic.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Hard to believe this team has won 6 games being 25th in FG%, 27th in 3PT% and 28th in PS....it's been the DEFENSE so far. 

Also we are second in free throw attempts. It’s like our only elite offensive stat lol

Watching the end of the game last night reminded me how awful Vuch is on defense.  On the last play, with our arguably best player closing on the rim one on one against a much smaller Chicago player, Vuch was standing right next to him and I was certain he would go for the double team to make it harder for Paulo.  Instead he turned the other direction and the rest is history.  His instincts on defense are abominable.