CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Still shaking my head over that Jerami Grant contract. Unbelievable. Dude is just a shooter. Not a rebounder. Not a passer. And really not a big impact defender. Oh and the contract is ascending. 5 years / 160,000,000 guaranteed. My goodness.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Still shaking my head over that Jerami Grant contract. Unbelievable. Dude is just a shooter. Not a rebounder. Not a passer. And really not a big impact defender. Oh and the contract is ascending. 5 years / 160,000,000 guaranteed. My goodness.

Agree is a lot …not sure he’s part of the future …but he shot the 3 over 40 percent at  2.5 threes a game …and that’s saying something to get that many 3’s off when you play with Lillard and Simons …so he has value .

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He's the most valuable roleplayer archetype in basketball, long wing/forward who can dribble/pass/shoot and play defense. Also you're underselling the defense a bit.

It's an overpay and the 5th year sucks but I think he's better than Cam Johnson and it's not like he's making loads more than him annually.

49 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I've always seen Bol Bol as a player who makes some individual highlight reels but is consistently lacking when it comes to team defense or playing with the flow of an offense. 

I think everyone sees Bol Bol's potential, but basketball is a game of small victories over the course of 48 minutes, and whether it's a lack of rebounding at his size, tunnel vision offense, or otherwise, multiple teams have now passed on him and there's clearly a reason why. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I've always seen Bol Bol as a player who makes some individual highlight reels but is consistently lacking when it comes to team defense or playing with the flow of an offense. 

I think everyone sees Bol Bol's potential, but basketball is a game of small victories over the course of 48 minutes, and whether it's a lack of rebounding at his size, tunnel vision offense, or otherwise, multiple teams have now passed on him and there's clearly a reason why. 

And the Magic gave him lots of playing time.   As you say he had his moments but wasn’t consistently good.  In fact was a liability far too often.  

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

please add horrendous defense!!