Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

15 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Not at all, and all of us do want better, but some of your comments seem like you really despise this team.

To be fair, our record of 289-512 over the past 10 years continues our streak as the worst team in basketball.   Management has given us a lot of reasons to despise this team.  I’m happy with anyone who still cares enough to post to this forum despite enduring year after year of awful basketball.  

• Upvote 3

Hello my brothers and sisters of  TrueBlueNation and fans of the Orlando Magic.

I don't want to get off topic, but I'm seeing too many personal attacks on members of this message board. Some of us have followed the Magic since it's beginning *raises my hand*. It's fine to disagree, but to 'out' a participant because their opinion does not align with everyone else' opinion is, in my opinion, taking things too far.

Message board members are entitled to their opinions--positive or negative--but does it mean that they should not post an opnion for fear that it appears negative in their accessment of the performance of players, the coach or front office?

Is a message board member limited to the number of negative comments they can post? Does it mean they are not a fan if they post a lot of negative comments? I don't agree with some negative comments that are posted, but I have never given a down vote.

For me, if there is no diversity as far as what is posted on this message board and everyone is always agreeing with everything--BORING!!! If the back-to-back negative comments are not violating the rules, ease up--Okay?.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!   xP6DjW.png           uEO3ih.png

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Let’s just take out a portion of the season.

In the 22 games after the All-Star Break, Fultz averaged 15.6 points per game, 6.0 assists per game and 3.7 rebounds per game. He had shooting splits of 53.3/32.4/81.1. That only highlights the shooting potential he still has and how much more confident he was playing.

The Magic played better with Fultz on the floor too.

After the All-Star Break, the Magic had a +0.8 net rating with Fultz on the floor with a stunning 113.9 offensive rating (2.5 points per 100 possessions better than the team’s average) and a solid 113.0 defensive rating (0.1 points per 100 possessions better than the team’s overall average).

In fact, only Paolo Banchero had a better on-court offensive rating than Markelle Fultz after the All-Star Break at 114.3 points per 100 possessions.

This was with a starting group that struggled a bit more overall after the All-Star Break. Fultz was still a net positive. And that is a sign of how much better Fultz was playing to close the season.

It is worth noting then that for the entire season, the Magic had a -3.7 net rating with Fultz on the floor (110.3/114.0 split, both worse than the season’s overall averages).

Something got into Fultz toward the end of the season and it was evident how much more confident he was. That came in the form of his shooting more pull-up 3-pointers and jumpers, his efficiency frommid-range and his excellence finishing at the rim (Fultz made 68.6 percent of his 4.8 field goal attempts per game in the restricted area after the All-Star Break).

That quarter of the season is a fairly small sample size in the grand scheme of things. But it is important for what it represents.
https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/07/14/markelle-fultz-still-has-claim-to-orlando-magics-point-guard-spot/

Fults with 113.9 offensive rating Banchero 114.3 …almost identical …thought it was interesting …anyway, article talking about AB and his role moving forward 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Fults with 113.9 offensive rating Banchero 114.3 …almost identical …thought it was interesting …anyway, article talking about AB and his role moving forward 

That is a great stat Junkie. Very impressive for our rookie along with the 12 wins added.  Fultz if he can stay healthy and shoot around 34-36 percent from three is a borderline AllStar.

Durant is 39 in 2026 and we're hopefully going deep into the playoffs. I guess our hope is that this implodes like Brooklyn's (twice) and Philly's superteams.

• Like 1

And here we go with our BIG MOVE of the offseason. Finally all those second round picks found a way to became... a swap! LOL.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:29 PM, Jay Magic said:

If he becomes even a league average shooter it dramatically increases his impact on the floor.

Edit: it is interesting to me how all the big time roomies last year had a big second year slump except Franz. I don’t think a slump from Paolo in year 2 should be unexpected or even a bad sign, but I will not be surprised if his work ethic along with this staff prevents that from happening 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Great move. At least we did something

actually a pretty bad move.. Phoenix already owe pick swap to Washington.. 

So if Phoenix would finish Top 10 and Washington would finish like 15 and we’d finish 20.

Washington would get the Top 10 pick. We’d get 15 and Phoenix 20.. 

That is not a lot for three 2nd round picks imo