Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, harley said:

The Black rumours are just smart from FO, They know Wash and Utah are desperate for him. Create a bidding war then trade down.

I don't think Black fits with what we're doing. You're right that I think it's smoke as well. Really smart if so. I'm fully strapped in that we want to get Bilal and will trade back a spot or two for him. 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't think Black fits with what we're doing. You're right that I think it's smoke as well. Really smart if so. I'm fully strapped in that we want to get Bilal and will trade back a spot or two for him. 

Praying you guys are right …he is not what we need …he’s the only one I know a little about …him and Miller but we ain’t getting Miller 

26 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I think he's an excellent locker room guy and a perfect sixth man. I'd love to keep him but I don't know if he wants the role that is available to him on this team. 

• Upvote 1

por.png&w=110&h=110

3. Portland Trail Blazers

Scoot Henderson
G League Ignite
PG

Portland seems content to select Miller or Henderson. Barring a team unexpectedly emerging on draft night with an offer they simply can't refuse, sources told ESPN the Trail Blazers are planning on keeping the pick and adding the type of talent to the roster they would be hard pressed to bring to Portland if not through the draft. The team will attempt to thread the needle between being competitive with Damian Lillardat the helm and continuing to build for the future with Shaedon SharpeAnfernee Simons and this draft pick, giving them a strong nucleus to look forward to even after the Lillard era ends. -- Givony

If the Blazers get Scoot omg that backcourt will be as nasty as can be …talk about athleticism wow 

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

agree! on paper it’s easy.. 

Its only about Cole accepting his role and also reflecting on this with his contract extension.. he probably seeks more than 20 mil per and i think that a bit of an overpay for what he provides.. 

Kind of like Grant Williams who is over estimating his value imo

On 6/18/2023 at 4:33 PM, Albert Lergier said:

I don't believe that the Hornets are going to pass on drafting Scoot and trading him for "a bunch" - which would be more than just drafting Miller.

If they have a FO that is smart, (IMHO), they should do what the Magic did back in 1993, draft Webber and trade him for Penny and 3 1st's.

In this case, for example, Scoot to the Magic for 6, 11 and Markelle.

That’s too much for Scoot and he’s not a good fit for us anyway.

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

That’s too much for Scoot and he’s not a good fit for us anyway.

One can make an argument that he would be our best lead guard since Penny. Why would that be a bad fit?

I love this calm before the storm. 
Thank you to all the contributors who make this thread such a great read every draft season. CT you’re the man! Really appreciate your well thought out takes and insight on Magic draft related stuff. Wish Fultz4thewin would come back. Are you Fultz4thewin?? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section229 said:

I love this calm before the storm. 
Thank you to all the contributors who make this thread such a great read every draft season. CT you’re the man! Really appreciate your well thought out takes and insight on Magic draft related stuff. Wish Fultz4thewin would come back. Are you Fultz4thewin?? 

Appreciate the shout out.

I think F4TW is still active on Twitter under the same name if you want his thoughts on the Magic. 

Today's the day boys and girls.Everybody has been going round and round for weeks maybe months to form their opinion on what the team should do so here's mine.

At six draft Hendricks good shooter, good defender with a high floor.

At eleven draft Dick of Bufkin both seem to be very good shooters that would fit right in.

At 36 if  Whithead falls out of the first round trade this pick and next years second to move up and get him he's another very good shooter and great buy low candidate..

Shooter,shooter,shooter that's what this team needs most.

Yes I know three rookies? We're all ready too young, nobody will get playing time, blah blah blah. Guess what there was playing time last year for K Harris, Admiral & Chuma and this team isn't winning the championship this year anyway. Just get some good floor spacers and let Mosley figure it out.