Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

my Lakers tickets alone recouped 17% of the cost of season tickets

To be fair, it could be one of the last chances for some people to see LeBron play in person. But that # is ridiculous. 

48 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

To be fair, it could be one of the last chances for some people to see LeBron play in person. But that # is ridiculous. 

for 15 years Lebron has been able to account for 15-18% of my Season Tickets... I will miss him when he retires. Kobe used to do 13-18%

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

WHAT A GAME TONIGHT IN DOWNTOWN ORLANDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GREAT LEBRON VERSUS THE ALREADY GREAT PAOLO, MANO A MANO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Paolo can not defend LeBron. We need to play great team defense tonight!

8 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Paolo Banchero reflects on facing LeBron James for the first time

December 27, 2022 12:52 pm ET

"It is going to be a special moment for me. Anybody that knows me knows that has been my favorite player since I was a young kid. (He is) a guy who I’ve watched countless hours of. It is going to be special for me being my first time playing against him in an NBA game."

"That commander-type of presence where you’re the best player (and) the most talented guy but at the same time, you’re even more of a threat because you can get your teammates involved and always find the open man. I think that is what I’ve always respected about LeBron and that’s what I always try to do with my game."

Reporter final thoughts.....
Much like facing the other greats in the game, the contest on Tuesday against James will certainly be one that Banchero remembers for a long time to come. It will be his first chance to go against one of his role models, and it should be a fun moment to watch unfold.

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

You could choose another guy to defend him, but that's basically why I don't love the recent starting lineup, even if they're winning and it's right to not fix something that is working. But Bol-Banchero-Wagner(Mo) is a trio of average defenders, and it's really hard to manage all of them together in certain situations.

LeBron is actually exactly the matchup I want Paolo picking up defensively. Someone who will be doing all their work with the ball in their hands (Paolo struggles off ball more than on ball I think), someone who's roughly his frame gives him a chance physically, and LeBron being well... LeBron I feel like Paolo will be really up for it. 

53 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

LeBron is actually exactly the matchup I want Paolo picking up defensively. Someone who will be doing all their work with the ball in their hands (Paolo struggles off ball more than on ball I think), someone who's roughly his frame gives him a chance physically, and LeBron being well... LeBron I feel like Paolo will be really up for it. 

This. I saw recently where Paolo has actually been a pretty decent ISO defender. He does struggle off ball and on switches tho

The elephant in the room right now is Isaac. Three weeks now playing five on five in Lakeland. Wtf and nothing.

My prediction. One of Isaac, Bol, or Bamba get traded this year. And if it’s Isaac, he has played his last game for the Magic. 

15 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It wasn't, either on off. But he'll surely learn from it, every game is a big learning process for a rookie.

We conceded like 60 points in the paint, and AD wasn't even there. That trio is just terrible defensively if the opponent team has some good forward/center player.

12 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The elephant in the room right now is Isaac. Three weeks now playing five on five in Lakeland. Wtf and nothing.

My prediction. One of Isaac, Bol, or Bamba get traded this year. And if it’s Isaac, he has played his last game for the Magic. 

He was sitting on the bench during the game just watching the game like so. Whatever they're doing, it's taking WAAAAAYYYY too damn long. He hasn't even played a game yet in the G League