Odin

Trade Thread

7 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

THJ and Nitkilina is solid 

I don’t think Dallas would want either player. Check out their advanced stats.

34 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

It sure seems like DSJr is coming to Orlando based on all the smoke. Who will be The sacrificial lamb?; I’m thinking Bamba. 

I think Dallas wants some ready to contribute now players. 

I hope we get this done though. Do not let some other team come in and get him.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I think Dallas wants some ready to contribute now players. 

I hope we get this done though. Do not let some other team come in and get him.

Not sure I agree. Dallas just wants the best talent available. DSJ is more or less redundant and obviously there's some behind the scenes (aka blatantly obvious) tension between him and management/Carlisle. They have their star of the future. Don't necessarily need "now" players. They're in no hurry thanks to Doncic.

Giving up Bamba would basically be us bidding against ourselves at this point. If Evan is the key piece going out, as rumored, then why would mortgage our future by adding Bamba? Just tweak the protections on the 1st rd pick, maybe add a future 2nd and say take it or leave it.

I think Fournier and Simmons should be more than enough with pur protected 2019 first or unprotected future pick. 

We are also taking Matthews contract off their hands. 

Another option is going with 

Fournier, Vooch and Mozgov and the OKC pick

for Deandre, DSJ and Matthew. 

I think we surely have the best package out there without including any of the young guys.

15 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Giving up Bamba would basically be us bidding against ourselves at this point. If Evan is the key piece going out, as rumored, then why would mortgage our future by adding Bamba? Just tweak the protections on the 1st rd pick, maybe add a future 2nd and say take it or leave it.

Eh, i want to keep our players, trust me, but centers barely move the needle anymore.  Just from the little i have seen this year i think Ayton,Jaren Jackson and Wendall Carter all look like better players right now. It remains to be seen if Bamba surpasses them later on. Jarrett Allen was drafted 22 in the 2017 draft. He already looks like he would have went ahead of all of this years centers, except Ayton. 

Don't get caught up in a draft pick because of where they were drafted. Either they are good or they are not. The biggest reason not to trade Bamba is this years center free agency sucks. If we lost Bamba and Vuch we would be hurting. If we had a good deal in place and Bamba had to go, well Sayonara.

Your mileage may vary, i know people on this board love Beal. What if they wanted Bamba as part of that deal? Now you will say it's different because it's for a better player.

I guess what i'm saying is if our gm see's a path for the Magic to be a better team, sending away a center who has only been here half a year is not the end of the world.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jec said:

Not sure I agree. Dallas just wants the best talent available. DSJ is more or less redundant and obviously there's some behind the scenes (aka blatantly obvious) tension between him and management/Carlisle. They have their star of the future. Don't necessarily need "now" players. They're in no hurry thanks to Doncic.

Thanks to Doncic they don’t need to acquire a young project. They are going to build around him and you do that with ready now players.

53 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Eh, i want to keep our players, trust me, but centers barely move the needle anymore.  Just from the little i have seen this year i think Ayton,Jaren Jackson and Wendall Carter all look like better players right now. It remains to be seen if Bamba surpasses them later on. Jarrett Allen was drafted 22 in the 2017 draft. He already looks like he would have went ahead of all of this years centers, except Ayton. 

Don't get caught up in a draft pick because of where they were drafted. Either they are good or they are not. The biggest reason not to trade Bamba is this years center free agency sucks. If we lost Bamba and Vuch we would be hurting. If we had a good deal in place and Bamba had to go, well Sayonara.

Your mileage may vary, i know people on this board love Beal. What if they wanted Bamba as part of that deal? Now you will say it's different because it's for a better player.

I guess what i'm saying is if our gm see's a path for the Magic to be a better team, sending away a center who has only been here half a year is not the end of the world.

Bamba wasn't drafted to be the best center in the draft this season, nor does he have to be at any point in his career to be an uber valuable piece of our core moving forward as a rim-protecting, stretch 5. That said, he's playing behind a borderline all-star center who has the entire offense built around him (this year). Bamba has some warts, but still has as much upside as anyone in this years draft class (excluding Doncic). Throwing him in just to get a deal done would be a mistake and I don't see management being willing to do that, not for DSJ anyway. Beal is a different story obviously and that's precisely the reason you don't add Bamba to make a deal for DSJ. Its all about asset management and including Bamba in this deal just wouldn't be prudent.

I’d be shocked if we sent out Bamba. As discussed, I think we’re drawing a hard line in the sand and the best player we’re willing to give up is Fournier. There’s also been more than one rumor of interest in Fournier from Dallas’ side. You can’t say that about any other guy that’s been rumored in a potential deal from any team.