Odin

Trade Thread

58 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Here let me start the silly trade talk.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-19-2022_8-54-06AM.png

Say with the 1st round pick, the Magic select Jabari (6'10") to start him at power forward and Franz (6'9") is the established small forward.

What do you do with Tobias (6'8") and his 37 million dollars?

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Guys it was a joke post to start the fun. Which in all honesty we are 5 days away from talking about trades. 

I love that my resurrecting this post to discuss Ball Junkie’s mentorship of Otis Smith Jr has now resurrected this thread to actually be trade talk. 

What are the Over/under odds that we still have Ross at the end of draft night? 

38 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I love that my resurrecting this post to discuss Ball Junkie’s mentorship of Otis Smith Jr has now resurrected this thread to actually be trade talk. 

I'd say 60/40 in favour of him being traded on or before draft night. But to be honest we don't need to be in a rush to trade him, a team might miss on their free agent wing preferences and come calling in a couple of weeks time. 

4 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Say with the 1st round pick, the Magic select Jabari (6'10") to start him at power forward and Franz (6'9") is the established small forward.

What do you do with Tobias (6'8") and his 37 million dollars?

I don't see why the Sixers could want to do this... But bringing Tobias doesn't make sense with the rebuilding's plan either..

Only trades that IMO make sense right now are the ones around draft picks 

Edit: sorry I quoted the wrong comment 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Gone. The FO was able to orchestrate something of value.

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I think it’s 50/50 he’s gonna be gone draft night or sooner, but 95/5 he’s gone by the start of the season.

Seriously the play has to be Ross to a team plus the two seconds for a late first. I don't care how bad he looked last year. He is healthy with low mileage. Guy can still get up, you saw his dunks. He is a catch and shoot guy and a transition guy. He never had a chance here after that one good season. He needs a team where he is like the 4th or 5th option. Someone trailing and getting kickouts from a Giannis or a KD or even a Morant. The only reason he is still here is teams weren't willing to give up a first but an early second might be better for some tax teams. Non Guaranteed, but still impactful.

Ok let the trade talk begin! In case nobody noticed, both the Spurs and Pacers drafted multiple guards and both teams already had too many guards. 

Hopefully our management is paying attention. If our guards still look like they can't shoot during summer league and training camp i hope they look at those two teams first.

Remember i said this when both the Spurs and Pacers make a few trades in the coming weeks.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, hootie249 said:

Ok let the trade talk begin! In case nobody noticed, both the Spurs and Pacers drafted multiple guards and both teams already had too many guards. 

Hopefully our management is paying attention. If our guards still look like they can't shoot during summer league and training camp i hope they look at those two teams first.

Remember i said this when both the Spurs and Pacers make a few trades in the coming weeks.

I would love to try for Dejounte, not sure what it would take to get him but I would gladly give up 2 of Cole/Fultz/Suggs (preferably in that Order) and the Chicago pick. 

Not sure if that gets it done or if it even makes sense for the Spurs, but would love to have Dejounte here. I feel he’s going to have a big year wherever he ends up.