Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I wonder if the team still believes in EP as the long term starter with his improvement at the end of the season.

Considering we don't have a GM/POBO, that is a question with no real answer.

Considering we don't have a GM/POBO, that is a question with no real answer.

I'm sure Vogel has an opinion on the matter.

even though we pick 6th I still believe we can make some moves. We have decent players it's just about finding them the right place/fit, either on this team or another.

I wonder if the team still believes in EP as the long term starter with his improvement at the end of the season.

Are we calling that improvement? Seemed like his normal streaky non jump shooting self.

OK guys i'm here for clarity.Drafting Tatum is the best way to move forward and try to win. if we draft a scorer, especially at SF, we can try to win the next 2 years.

Drafting almost any other position is a small reboot. I think Tatum has a high floor, but i think many are wanting that high ceiling guy. I'm not sure how i feel.

This is why i wanted to win the lottery, if we drafted Fultz there could be no second guessing, it would represent a rebuild.

That said if we miss we have to miss and get a scorer, if we do not get lucky enough to draft an All-star.

Must be nice to have an owner that gets it. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19402712/owner-mark-cuban-says-dallas-mavericks-tried-lose-being-eliminated-playoffs

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says Dallas looked to lose as much as it could once the team was out of postseason contention this season.

"Once we were eliminated from the playoffs, we did everything possible to lose games," Cuban said on "The Dan Patrick Show" on Wednesday.

Cuban said the primary way to ensure the Mavericks would lose was to play their young players, including Yogi Ferrell, Nerlens Noel and Dorian Finney-Smith -- three players with less than three years of experience who averaged more than 20 minutes per game for Dallas this season.

The Mavericks owner acknowledged that it wasn't the players who were throwing games.

"Once a guy walks on the court, they're going to play their heart out," Cuban said. "Particularly the young guys because they have something to prove."

Can't believe no one commented on this.

Cuban gets how things work. None of us wanted the players to try and lose but things should have been done from higher up towards the end of the season to make sure we didn't win too many meaningless games.

Cuban gets how things work. None of us wanted the players to try and lose but things should have been done from higher up towards the end of the season to make sure we didn't win too many meaningless games.

Wow -- kind crazy that he just came out and said it

If Tatum is there I want him. If not DSJ. If somehow they're both not there we've reached the darkest timeline and I'll settle for Monk I guess.

it is kind of shocking that he can say that and not get in some sort of trouble. It doesn't look good for the NBA. I remember reading an article on ESPN towards the end of teh regular season this year and the reporter wasn't convinced Orlando Magic where trying to win games. It made us look bad!

I think getting Malik Monk would be a great combo with Elfrid. Two long lanky guys with speed running the 1 and 2. JMO Monk is a great shooter! Scored 47 against National Champion UNC.