Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

So is there a consensus as to when people think a coach will be in place?

We hired Jacque in late July

Celtics hired Stevens in late July

We hired svg in early June

Mavs hired Carlisle in mid May

Hawks hired budenholzer in late May

Boston traded rivers to lac in late June

So there's really no common practice here. Sometime between now and August first.

Neither Denver nor New Orleans has even begun interviews.

NOLA has made it clear that they will target Thibbs, the Bulls have held conversations with Hoiberg.

As I stated in the off season thread, we do not have the luxury of time for a long drawn out coach hunt, our team is 2 years behind the curve regarding player development.

Our team has suffered from both the lack of a verifiable system that has either established or developed their individual or collective/team games, with zero goals met! All we accomplished in 2 years is stacking young players and draft picks.

We need our choice in here now, so that the guys can get there heads/games and lives locked in for next season. There will be a real different approach if they knew that Thibbs was in or out, the same can be said about Brooks, but if they were going to bring in another softball like JV............ there in lays the difference!

We need our choice in here now, so that the guys can get there heads/games and lives locked in for next season. There will be a real different approach if they knew that Thibbs was in or out, the same can be said about Brooks, but if they were going to bring in another softball like JV............ there in lays the difference!

I was reading an article on the Orlando sentinel app about how Chicago's play off exit may accelerate out coaching search. The one thing that stood out was this section:

"Hennigan has sought cohesion in his basketball operations department, especially between himself and the coach. The relationship between Hennigan and former coach Jacque Vaughn was a partnership in which cooperation from Vaughn was the norm.

Thibodeau has a reputation for being one of the most headstrong coaches in the NBA — someone who believes his way is the right, and only, way — and that stubbornness would seem to be a difficult fit within the Magic's basketball operations department."

Granted I take these things with a pinch of salt, but if there is any truth in this, then I'm not sure how I feel about it. Perhaps getting someone who works well with Henny is the best way, but I'm not convinced another softball coach like JV is the answer. Hopefully they make a move for Thibs, or at least Brooks. If not, then I hope we don't end up with another JV type coach...

I was reading an article on the Orlando sentinel app about how Chicago's play off exit may accelerate out coaching search. The one thing that stood out was this section:

"Hennigan has sought cohesion in his basketball operations department, especially between himself and the coach. The relationship between Hennigan and former coach Jacque Vaughn was a partnership in which cooperation from Vaughn was the norm.

Thibodeau has a reputation for being one of the most headstrong coaches in the NBA — someone who believes his way is the right, and only, way — and that stubbornness would seem to be a difficult fit within the Magic's basketball operations department."

Granted I take these things with a pinch of salt, but if there is any truth in this, then I'm not sure how I feel about it. Perhaps getting someone who works well with Henny is the best way, but I'm not convinced another softball coach like JV is the answer. Hopefully they make a move for Thibs, or at least Brooks. If not, then I hope we don't end up with another JV type coach...

This is the issue!

Hennie just got extended, this is his opportunity to make to move this organization forward and he is not seceding any authority outside of the normal imput from coach. I believe that Thibbs will want that authority and that will be the deal breaker!

I say call Brooks, and possibly Skiles, if you are committed to wait, then he is waiting for Gentry, but at the end of the day, I think its Brooks, so why wait.....let's do this now and get it done!

The problem is, we behind schedule......way behind schedule and this team has no identity...none whatsoever! This is why the system is as equally important as the coach! But for us, we have none!

• Upvote 1

Lowe made a comment about Thibs close friendship with Stan Van being something that makes us an unlikely landing spot for him. Thought it was an interesting insight.

Would be pretty surprising if he passed on the NOLA job with the superstar already in place there. He'd have to have a pretty compelling reason for coming here.

Rarely mentioned in the conference strength thing is the reason the East is so weak: Lebron. As long as he's staying in the East your chances for getting past him are small. West is deeper, but way more wide open. That's 10-years of Lebron in action.

Lowe made a comment about Thibs close friendship with Stan Van being something that makes us an unlikely landing spot for him. Thought it was an interesting insight.

Would be pretty surprising if he passed on the NOLA job with the superstar already in place there. He'd have to have a pretty compelling reason for coming here.

Rarely mentioned in the conference strength thing is the reason the East is so weak: Lebron. As long as he's staying in the East your chances for getting past him are small. West is deeper, but way more wide open. That's 10-years of Lebron in action.

If that's true about Stan, this organization truly screwed itself over by catering to Dwight instead of managing the team properly. Other coaches who know Stan don't want nothing to do with us which sucks.

I remember reading someone on twitter a couple of days ago saying that the Thunder would pursue Monty as an assistant to Donavon. Any chance we could convince him to join our staff? Work under Brooks? I really like him as a coach, but not as a head coach for us.

found this Zach Lowe article over the weekend about Skiles and the Bucks team in 2013. It's a good read and made me more open and willing to accept Skiles as our next coach. JVG had a great review of Skiles that also opened my acceptance.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/scott-skiles-was-the-least-of-the-milwaukee-bucks-problems/

http://www.740thegame.com/onair/open-mike-40566/on-demand-jeff-van-gundy-13593092/

Is there better proven coaching option out there? No. That is why people want him. I've said my peace on it, but again, I am fine with other options.

scott brooks has proven just as much, if not more

thibs had the great first year in chicago but after that they've been in decline

he runs his top players into the ground, in blowouts he consistently leaves his best players in, instead of resting them, when derrick rose got hurt the last time it was because this moron kept him in during a blowout, already knowing rose is injury prone

this guy also thinks playing noah over mirotic is a good idea

he was playing kirk hinrich AKA their ridnour in the 4th quarters of the cavs series!

will we improve defensively? yes but this guy will never win because he has no big picture thinking, we need to find the next kerr, a coach who is cerebral and understands and thinks long term with how he coaches. thibs is not that guy