Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

How do you know they have rebuilt? We havent even seen this team play together yet. There is no possible way you can say anything except that have a very young team that will lose a lot and one day has the potential to be a great team.

How do you know the Magic roster is a 30 win roster right now? You don't. Too many coaching changes and young guys getting better make absolute statements foolish. Most people have this roster projected at 38 wins which is in line with what Skiles has done with teams i the past.

Do you truly think the Magic are foolish enough to think they were for sure going to get Millsap? No. They were optimistic, but reality is that Rob Hennigan had a plan B coming the entire time and we are going to see it unfold.

It's really hard to sign top tier free agents when your team is not in the playoffs yet. That's just the reality. It amazes me that people complain that Rob is not good at free agency. He has just really begun to have a team that can attract quality free agents.

it's simple

the wolves have two blue chippers, wiggins showed last year he can be an elite player when he puts it all together.

the magic do not have a prospect of their caliber, unless mario was undervalued

this roster right now is the same as last year, with mario and with skiles, please tell us who the magic are better than in the east right now. philly and the knicks.....who else?

"Orlando Magic RFA Tobias Harris is open to signing short term deal that will allow him to hit the open market again next summer".

This guys just comes off worse and worse to me.

Expect more offense...Defense? Not so much.

, please tell us who the magic are better than in the east right now. philly and the knicks.....who else?

We have no idea until the season starts. Need to see how the team looks. It's silly to try and be doom and gloom about things before summer league has even started.

Pretty hilarious how negative people get.

Oh c'mon! Free agency is almost 48 hours old and we haven't signed Millsap, Aldridge, LeBron, Monroe, etc. We don't need to see how much Payton, Dipo, AG or anyone else might have improved in the offseason. It's time to opine about exactly how this team will look this upcoming season RIGHT NOW!! Uhhhh *sarcasm*

You dont make a move just to make a move. we dont really know what we have with a real coach.

I believe we can be a playoff team with the player we have now.

Henny is taking his time and doing things the right way. He's not gonna sign someone to a max contract and regret it in 2 years. That's out of his character because he's very calculated. You can't be mad because most of the FAs that would have been worth it resigned to their old teams. Signing a 30 year old Aldridge to a 4 year contract wouldn't have solved any of our issues.

It looks like he's collecting assets but I hope we are in the midst of signing good role players for our bench. That way we have assets if we want to trade for a FA that's actually worth a max contract.

Henny is taking his time and doing things the right way. He's not gonna sign someone to a max contract and regret it in 2 years. That's out of his character because he's very calculated. You can't be mad because most of the FAs that would have been worth it resigned to their old teams. Signing a 30 year old Aldridge to a 4 year contract wouldn't have solved any of our issues.

It looks like he's collecting assets but I hope we are in the midst of signing good role players for our bench. That way we have assets if we want to trade for a FA that's actually worth a max contract.

I think he's looking for a PF to start. He's made it clear through comments and offering Millsap a contract.

Tobias, if he's retained, would probably start at the 3 with Mario backing him up. However, I truly feel like Tobias wants out.

it's simple

the wolves have two blue chippers, wiggins showed last year he can be an elite player when he puts it all together.

the magic do not have a prospect of their caliber, unless mario was undervalued

this roster right now is the same as last year, with mario and with skiles, please tell us who the magic are better than in the east right now. philly and the knicks.....who else?

I think his point is we don't know who is better than who yet and instead of speaking in terms of absolute truth maybe you should think about it in a more "things can go this way, the opposite way, or stay the same".

None of us know how important the coaching change was, how good Mario will be, or how much our other guys improved. Give it some time.

Laker article stating Tobias can't officially be offered until July 9 and at that point Orlando would have just 3 days to match making it advantageous to keep offers on the down low.

Then it puts Rob a little more under the gun in terms of whether he will match and or if he will have to make roster adjustments.

If I interpreted the article correctly ...

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/7/2/8882553/nba-free-agency-rumors-la-lakers-updates-tobias-harris-news

I think Tobias is a good teammate and a solid ambassador for the community.

I think he's also not too bright and has a lot of "yes men" around him telling him he's worth a max contract when he's not. Even worse, people are making him sound like a crybaby behind the scenes.

If he's willing to buy in and really work on all parts of his game, I'm all for resigning him and bringing him back in any capacity. I just honestly don't think he's ever going to have the basketball IQ to become an elite passer and defender, and I think the Magic Brass recognize that.

Laker article stating Tobias can't officially be offered until July 9 and at that point Orlando would have just 3 days to match making it advantageous to keep offers on the down low.

Then it puts Rob a little more under the gun in terms of whether he will match and or if he will have to make roster adjustments.

If I interpreted the article correctly ...

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/7/2/8882553/nba-free-agency-rumors-la-lakers-updates-tobias-harris-news

The Magic are assuming someone is going to offer him something. On another note, that's just straight shady if Tobias's camp is trying to keep things hushed because he "doesn't want the Magic to know." Disrespectful and not the kind of player you want on your team.