Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Moe is definitely one of Kyler's "guys". Never heard him say a bad word about him. It's always the coaching or the role or the playbook or the front office for bringing in too many wing players.

I like Moe a lot more than most people but he's not a guy you should be running plays for and Tobias didn't have much of a problem making an impact in our system that apparently isn't conducive to SF's, nor did Evan when he played the 3.

Moe is definitely one of Kyler's "guys". Never heard him say a bad word about him. It's always the coaching or the role or the playbook or the front office for bringing in too many wing players.

I like Moe a lot more than most people but he's not a guy you should be running plays for and Tobias didn't have much of a problem making an impact in our system that apparently isn't conducive to SF's, nor did Evan when he played the 3.

I think Moe has to be a better overall decision maker. I think his ceiling is clearly Trevor Ariza, but Moe still looks lost when dribbling and when he gets into a jam, he looks like a deer in the headlights; not to mention he still doesn't have a consistent 3-pt. jumper.

I will say this though: Scott Skiles is known to get a lot out of his players. If Moe is willing to work hard and be a student of the game, I think he has a role in Skiles' rotation.

Kyler's tweets are a reminder of just how inexplicably awful Jacque Vaughn was

Nicholson and Harkless showed promise as solid rotation players in 2012-2013 and then just fell off the face of the earth--what the hell happened?

Nicholson and Harkless showed promise as solid rotation players in 2012-2013 and then just fell off the face of the earth--what the hell happened?

I still have hopes for both.

I brought up in the other thread how this is an important year for both guys.

Honestly, neither one got much better. Nich moved his offense away from the basket and still can't defend, and Harkless just seems to passive to seriously develop his offense

If we traded Harris and Nicholson for a PF I could see Harkless coming off the bench and being effective.

our new Jameer?

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Moe Harkless is organizing a workout for all Magic players later this summer. Most people don't realize how much of a glue guy he is in ORL.

I still have hopes for both.

I brought up in the other thread how this is an important year for both guys.

I wouldn't have high hopes for either. Nicholson completely is what he is. To undersized and slow to defend and rebound effectively, but has the ability to show a nice post move here and there and has solid mid-range shot although another problem with him offensively is his inept ability to pass. He's a horrible passer. Nicholson seems destined to be an 8th or 9th guy off the bench, which is fine.

As for Harkless, I still see potential and he's still incredibly young but he really needs to improve with the ball in his hands. Every time he puts the ball on the floor I expect a travel or turnover. Shot still has a long way to go. Hast the ability to be an elite defender but goes through spurts where he seems disinterested in putting in the effort on defense every time down the floor. I remember being at the game 2 years ago where he absolutely shut down Melo. He gave him fits. Hark has that potential and I think Coach Skiles will have the best shot at getting it out of him. The Ariza comparison still fits for me but this year will be telling for him. Glad to see Harkless is taking this off-season seriously.

magic dropped the ball with harkless this year

the never knowing when he would play situation clearly hurt his performance, jock did a ****ty job with roles.

it was inexcuseable to play willie over him so much

that said i think skiles will like his skill set, so i think they will keep him

what i want to know is how the magic address backup PG and PF